Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linking to vehicles: Free invincibility!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking to vehicles: Free invincibility!

If you get a couple of guys together and link up to a tank, it can really keep it going that little bit extra. Definitely worth it if you NEED to get a node killed or something.

However, sometimes, it's probably better to take care of the threat to the vehicle if you're in it for the long run...

Still, I think this is such an under-appreciated tactic and it can really make the difference if you know when to do it.

Not unless those guys get killed

Comment

Re: Linking to vehicles: Free invincibility!

Originally posted by MrWotsit
      Still, I think this is such an under-appreciated tactic and it can really make the difference if you know when to do it.
      Never played an ONS war I take it

Noone bothers on public (****-around) servers, too many noobs that think you are trying to shoot their tank, so return fire with tank shells.

Comment

guess you have to weigh up the difference between having 2 guys also attacking players/nodes or tying them up repairing the tank.

3 people grouped together is such an obvious target and the link ammo generally runs out pretty quick. But as the poster says, if it keeps the tank alive long enough to get the critical node then its deffo a great move

I must say that, on the servers I play on, people are really getting to grips with repairing and helping each other out. I always say 'lead by example' - if you go in with the attitude that you might as well not bother because people dont understand it or you treat everyone with such obvious contempt then things will never get good on your server and you are equally part of the problem... I found that by repairing and being helpful people quickly pick things up and see the benefits and 99% of the time they return the favour when it is appropriate to do so . Servers I play on are great for teamwork ! Your choice I guess...

Comment

Re: Linking to vehicles: Free invincibility!

Originally posted by MrWotsit
          If you get a couple of guys together and link up to a tank, it can really keep it going that little bit extra. Definitely worth it if you NEED to get a node killed or something.

However, sometimes, it's probably better to take care of the threat to the vehicle if you're in it for the long run...

Even more important: Do it at the last objective in AS-glacier!! everyone seems to stay at the base to camp the tankspawn... while if everyone linked it up the tank could have a really big change to get to the end alive :bulb:

Comment

Definitely essential in AS-RobotFactory too, especially since the defence are all linking to the turrets at that time.

Comment

There's nothing like coming up behind a line of people linked to tank/levi and squashing the lot of them in one pass with your manta

Generally I would link to a tank if there's nothing else to shoot at but I find the tank lives longer if you shot whatever is shooting it (normally a raptor).

Comment

Re: Re: Linking to vehicles: Free invincibility!

Originally posted by Shizna
                Never played an ONS war I take it

Noone bothers on public (****-around) servers, too many noobs that think you are trying to shoot their tank, so return fire with tank shells.
                Nobody who plays on Cain's or Magick Realms is a noob though.

Comment

I always link at exactly the right time and then when it's time to stop linking, I stop and do what ever else needs doing. OMG, luk at meh, I kan play teg gayme! :bulb:

:edit: 'scuse my rude outburst. Nice find, there, Wotsit.

Comment

Working...
                  X