Can someone explain this to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meroin
    Wonder how many of you people bashing Microsoft and Gates are using Windows...
    And how many Americans bash the USA and the President? (not just Bush... any president)

Comment

Originally posted by senshu
      I love all the posters who didn't bother to read what the problem and solution were. Anything to jump on the "I hate Microsoft!" bandwagon.
      Hehe, luckily, my comprehension skills haven't atrophied as badly as some other posters here

I asked if the installing ID has Administrator rights since part of the error message read "contact your system administrator."

Comment

You need SP2, and turn off all firewall antivirus junk.

Or the better way to do it, is to get in on a cd with a demo pack from a mag

Comment

Originally posted by Saito
          You need SP2, and turn off all firewall antivirus junk.

Or the better way to do it, is to get in on a cd with a demo pack from a mag
          ^^ case in point. Even though Angel_Mapper discovered the problem was that she had disabled cryptographic services, there are a few misconceptions being bandied around here, and one is that you need SP2. DX 9.0c was available as a beta long before SP2 was out, so you do not need SP2 to run 9.0c. Also, DX 9.0c is included with SP2, not that it matters for this, but maybe some readers might like to know that.

Comment

I don't even have SP1 on my computer at home (reformatted two months ago, and if it isn't broken...).

The Crypto thing worked.

Comment

Working...
            X