Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EUROPEAN DDOM PLAYERS UNITE! \o/

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Nuky
    shieldboostjumps are even funnier you know ;p
    Bleh. Bioshield boostdodges.
    Boostdodges are just like normal dodges only higher.
    They're not even harder once you bind a second jumpbutton somewhere on your mouse.

    Comment


      #47
      Idd, bio grenade shieldboosts


      2 jump buttons ? bleh strange

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by Boksha
        Bleh. Bioshield boostdodges.
        Boostdodges are just like normal dodges only higher.
        They're not even harder once you bind a second jumpbutton somewhere on your mouse.
        it will not split the DDOM players because nearly all came from UT2003 where boostdoge was common knowledge.

        in opposite to TDM or DM it makes the game more interesting and adds the fun of smooth and elegant movement. it's silent and needs more alertness from the defenders. it's easy to kill a shieldjumper who wants to get to the cp but someone who comes in with a boostdoge and shield on has a real chance to save the point and deliver some damage after that which is not so frustrating:cry:.

        that boostdodge is easy is not a bad thing because we are all no 1337 players, just average :noob:fraggers:heart:.

        it can be argued against it but the expirience of many games before and after boostdodge was removed, tells me that the games where faster and more actionpacked. not more or less points where made but it was a feeling of free movement that was important. we had some sessions where we didn't play ddom but tried to make nice but senseless jumps like working the way from the bottom of suntemple up to the highest roof without going the normal ways.

        it would be an nice idea to make something like a saturday afternoon boostdoge DDOM to see how it works out and if its not just a nostalgic motion, but i still miss it more than fast weaponswitching.or the nerfed goo which i could easly forget.

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by grogxz we had some sessions where we didn't play ddom but tried to make nice but senseless jumps like working the way from the bottom of suntemple up to the highest roof without going the normal ways.
          lol yeah ! That was teh fun tbh

          Comment


            #50
            not sure what happened with the server RaT but there are some DNS issues today with the Firstnet DNS server not resolving Wireplay domain names and ip addresses correctly so it might have been that.

            AntiTCC i have running inbetween lite and normal mode

            i dont have the ingame checks running when some1 dies, so AntiTCC should be pretty transparent during a game unless a few ppl join at the same time half way thru a map

            since i put the server up i think its been pretty flawless for nearly all the players who've played on it. the odd hiccup now and again is just something you have to accept as the internet isnt a 100% perfect place.

            but i'll monitor the server as always to see if its something i can tweak/fix etc.

            :up:

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by Guyver1
              not sure what happened with the server RaT but there are some DNS issues today with the Firstnet DNS server not resolving Wireplay domain names and ip addresses correctly so it might have been that.

              AntiTCC i have running inbetween lite and normal mode

              i dont have the ingame checks running when some1 dies, so AntiTCC should be pretty transparent during a game unless a few ppl join at the same time half way thru a map

              since i put the server up i think its been pretty flawless for nearly all the players who've played on it. the odd hiccup now and again is just something you have to accept as the internet isnt a 100% perfect place.

              but i'll monitor the server as always to see if its something i can tweak/fix etc.

              :up:
              thx for checking. maybe it was just stormy internet weather.

              Comment

              Working...
              X