Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please install ( cd key details inc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please install ( cd key details inc.)

Bah, i reformatted my harddrive and now, i cannot install ut2004.
    The first time i got ut2004 it didnt work, but then i followed some advice and put the cd drive into PIO only mode, or something, i think it was from DMA (if applicable)
    Now even when i try that it doest work. ( a little bit into the installation and it has an error; (failed reading soure) or something.
    My cd is not scratched at all, and there isnt something wrong with my DVD drive. I know its probablly a compatibility issue, but if i got it to work before i should be able to get it to work again.

help plz lol

You're not being too coherent, you realize

What happens when you put the cd/dvd whatever in the drive? Can windows read it? Does windows acknowledge that the cddrive exists?

Comment

Originally posted by NotInUse
      You're not being too coherent, you realize
      He might just be going into UT withdrawls... give the man some breathing room!

Comment

what? try safe mode :bulb:

Comment

I couldn't install when i first got the DVD. It came up with an error near the end EVERYTIME. Considering how long the install took and how much I wanted to play it.......

Anyway to fix it I copied all the files to my HDD (no error) and installed from there NP.

Comment

lol yeah!! i havent played ut2004 for a week now.... !! ahh noo...
            DEEP BREATHS...

ok.
            Yeah, it starts normally and all that, but then it seems to (randomly , im not sure) get an error.
            It says it cannot read the disk, and i should check for scratches but, the disk is fine. I know this becasue my friend installed it yesterday, and nothing has happend since then.

The first time i got ut2004, the same problems happend. But i searched on google and it told me to go to
            My computer (right click)
            manage
            device manager
            ide ata/atapi controllers
            then go to properties and instead of it being DMA, change it to PIO only. I did this now but it still doesnt install

Comment

And... by friend... you mean your other computer, right?

I know thats what you mean. I'm sure that you'd never do anything to the effect of stealing.

Comment

read. my. post.

btw: u r tha stupad with ur last post. Mebe click the edit button?

Comment

lol i read it. Its taking a while though so im posting while it does it. Im hoping it will work.

AHH no stealing!! will i get WL? .
                  Nah this guy doesnt have the internet so, i fugered might aswell let him have it, no chance of my cd key been in use or anything.

Unless i posted it here.
                  8c3r3-o2e4e-c7cob-545bn
                  Will that help u figure out why i cant install? i hope so

EDIT: incidentally ut is not on any of my other comps. 1 Pc and 2 laptops cause they are mostly too **** to run it lol. But we all have some fun sometimes on lan on ut99 and cause we use router, we can all play on the same pub with the same game anyawy.
                  Or did ut99 even have a cd key? i cant even remeber lol

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterMadness
                    read. my. post.

btw: u r tha stupad with ur last post. Mebe click the edit button?
                    sorry double post.
                    If you mean the friend thing, i figured it would be alright since he doesnt have internet. If not, dont worry; he just really qucikly went out and bought his own copy of ut2004 coplete with its own cd key :sour:

Comment

if that REALLY was ur key enjoy buying a new copy of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterMadness
                        if that REALLY was ur key enjoy buying a new copy of the game.
                        no its allright, ill withdraw that key from the thread once the game is fixed, so no once can use it . stupid you

Anyway, any more ideas?

EDIT: jopjens read this post... it will be withdrawn soon, and then safe and secure :noob:

Comment

you do know these are the atari forums right?

Just checking.

Comment

Originally posted by {Lnst}Blade
                            no its allright, ill withdraw that key from the thread once the game is fixed, so no once can use it . stupid you

Anyway, any more ideas?

EDIT: jopjens read this post... it will be withdrawn soon, and then safe and secure :noob:

No it wont.

Comment

of course these are the atari forums!! thats why i know some boffins will figure out my problem, if i give the correct information.

to twista; twista hand over your cd key, i feel like some fun

Comment

Working...
                              X