Help me plase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me plase

So would the graphics card Radeon 9800 128mb and the p4 3.0Ghz support that mother board (MSI845pro2) ? and in conclusion, what would i seriosly need to buy to run my doom III or unreal tournament on high quality or at least medium ?

Thanx man, i have 512mb ram, GeForce4 MX 440(crappy as ppl say), and a p4 1.7Ghz processor, but my question was asking if my motherboard(MSI845pro2) supports the Radeon 9800 128mb and the p4 3.0Ghz processor and if i wanted to play the games(like Doom III, Unreal Tournament 2k4, and painkiller stuff like that with good graphics). What would i really need to upgrade so the games will be fast, i mean doom III is really slow on low quality.

Comment

I think that board only handles AGP 4 and the card you want uses AGP 8 - could be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by PlayerXXXX
        I think that board only handles AGP 4 and the card you want uses AGP 8 - could be wrong though.
        Yes, the board is only 4xAGP (click here for the specification), AGP is backwards compatible, it will work fine but just run at 4xAGP

Comment

Originally posted by theroguepk
          Yes, the board is only 4xAGP (click here for the specification), AGP is backwards compatible, it will work fine but just run at 4xAGP
          Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

Will he see much of a performance hit running it in an AGP 4 mb?

Comment

Originally posted by slash_rules
            What would i really need to upgrade so the games will be fast
            The 9800 radeo is fine, a 3mhz penitum 4 is fine I suppose. You should read motherboard review articles at tomshardwareguide or anandtech to find out what intel board/chipset will work best and then get a gig or more of high speed memory to go with it.

Comment

And what about Radeon X300. Is it alot better than Radeon 9800 ? and how much AGP does it use ?

Comment

Originally posted by slash_rules
                And what about Radeon X300. Is it alot better than Radeon 9800 ? and how much AGP does it use ?
                X300 = budget card dont get it.

How much AGP?.. what kind o' question is that? :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by blh
                  You should read motherboard review articles at tomshardwareguide or anandtech to find out what intel board/chipset will work best and then get a gig or more of high speed memory to go with it.
                  http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1831&p=30

I have a R9800 pro, P4 3.0 and a Asus P4P800 DeLuxe and haven't
                  had any problems whatsoever....it even supported s-ata as bootdevice straight out of the box. :up: :up:

Comment

Working...
                  X