Windows Mouse Sensitivities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Mouse Sensitivities

Ok, I use windows XP Proffessional, and play UT2004. I'm very very used to this mouse sensitivity I get, I use a sensitivity of 3 in UT2004.

However, I want to use windows 2000, and the mouse sensitivity, even though on 3, feels completely different. It's just not the same.

I believe this is because the mouse input in each windows version is different. Is there anything I can do to replicate windows XP mouse settings, into windows 2000.

Then, using windows 2000, there's another problem. You need to use the Logitech Mouseware software to enable the side buttons. However, in windows XP you do not. Can you make it so in 2000 you dont need the lame software?

How can I fix these problems.

Thankyou.

I am not sure about the other suff, but if you have an MX mouse you should definately check this site out, the profiling software is rad and so is the UT2004 cache manager.
    http://www.geocities.com/gpkgpk13/

Bill

Comment

or you could just tweak it till it feels better

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrog
        or you could just tweak it till it feels better
        Yeah he should tweak it aswell, who cares if the number is different, as long as you can get it working just as good.

Comment

I use the Logitech software so I can make it not use the Windows mouse setting during the game. I also need to input UT2004 in the logitech game registry so all of my buttons work and so the software knows when to not use the windows settings.

Comment

Just tweak it until it feels about the same. It's all you can do really. The main reason that it feels so much different in Win2k from WinXP is because WinXP does not conform to USB specifications, it actually slows it down and kills the polling rate of the device.

Comment

So there's now 'hack per say?

Comment

Working...
              X