Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High mouse sensativity or low mouse sense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High mouse sensativity or low mouse sense?

Whats better?

I have mine on 1.62, but thats just me. Choose one that suits you.

Comment

I had the same question. Do you want the mouse to be slower, for more accurate aim, or faster for better reaction time....or do you find a compromise somewhere in the middle?

Comment

Well i've always used a low sens. for FPS games. I think mine is around 1.75 or something. I find i get good accuracy and speed with that, maybe its just me lol.

Comment

There's not too much point in posting your in-game sensitivity because the operating system driver setting also affects it. You could have one person with an in-game value of 1 being much more sensitive than a player with 7 for example.

Also when I was stupider than I am now I spent sh*t loads of time messing about trying to find the perfect sens. What a waste of time - pick one and get used to it.

Common response is that low sens is good for long range hitscan type fighting and high sens is good for close range spammage.

Personally I have fairly low sens, use my arm to turn and my hand to aim - try it!

Comment

Low!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoSquirrel
              ..... Choose one that suits you.
              ^^^:up:

The obvious trade-off that you get with mouse sens: Low sens makes it easier to aim, but a slower look (reaction movement). Higher sens makes it tougher to aim, but a quicker reaction look.

Find the middle ground between aim and look that you are the most comfortable with.

Comment

Posting your sens is useless as hell, post how many cms you need for 360 °. I think I need like 40 cm But I´m going to higher it a bit probably.

Comment

I can just go 360° in the width of my mousemat and that's maybe 20-22cm or something. I can react quick enough to focus on targets well, and the sens is low enough to 'fine tune' long range shots. I prefer my hitscan anyway so leaning more towards low sens is good for me.

Comment

Originally posted by -TW-
                    Posting your sens is useless as hell, post how many cms you need for 360 °. I think I need like 40 cm But I´m going to higher it a bit probably.

I guess you mean 180? Or is the 360 for curiosity?

Whatever, my own advice is to work out what suits your own needs best. It needs to be low enough for you to aim but high enough to enable you to move. Trying to copy what works for someone else isnt going to help. Most people get good at games by working things out for themselves, if you just follow others you'll always be one step behind them...

Comment

I agree, to each is own.

I use 2.0, let's me use hitscan well but i can still react.

Comment

depands on what your playing, if you play cs/cod/rtcw:et/instagib/etc then low, if you play the real games, ut99-ut204, q1-q3 you better go with high, else your to slow for fast movements.

for poll see this thread, its a while ago tho

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=365877

Comment

I use 2.75 and am VERY accustomed to it. It's becasue I like close-ranged fighting (though I won't rush in blindly on decent people of course), and need to be able to trun pretty quickly to get those perfect Flak or Head shots.

Comment

I just made a test and 2.0 (30 cm) seems cool for me. Played a godlike on Rankin 2 times with lightning arena and both times had accuracy of 42... so if my aim isn´t getting worse but my close combat better it´s well worth it. also the turn you do when you dodge to jump a bigger distance seemed easier for me

Comment

Originally posted by -TW-
                              Yup, sensitivity value has no meaning, it varies from computer to computer depending on mouse, windows settings, even possibly PS/2 ports, the only decent standard measurement is the distance to do a 360 ° in game

Mine is med-low, my func mat is small compared to alot of other gaming mats, and I'm still largely a wrist rather than arm player (I was an uberhigh sens MoH/CoD player, ruined me for life!)

Comment

Working...
                              X