Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kronon
    Yes, NA is North America. And its not like I invented that shortname
    Hehe it was 5am my time when I wrote that so I couldn't for the life of me think what "NA" meant for a minute or more. It dawned on me eventually so I asked just to make sure.

I just thought it would be cool with a tournament between the best NA players and the best from Epic. Ofcourse the Epic guys would lose, except possible in one of the new gametypes since they have a lot more training in those.
    I saw the Epic vs DE match they had and Epic owned the DE team but I think Epic could own many clans, though I wouldn't place them on the same league as the best clans in the world. They're not shabby though.

But sadly, Epic is extremely bad at this kind of community support. ID had a event about 6 years ago for Quake 1 with a Ferrari as first prize. Epic could learn a few things from them.
    Epic has been working with the CPL rather than sponsor the events themselves. They sponsor the MSU contest every year, which is something id has never done. id could learn some things from Epic, too.

PS: in case you don't know, I am neither from NA nor a top-player, so I am not suggesting this for some personal reasons.
    No that's cool. I think it would be great publicity if Epic did some playing on pubs or in clanmatches every once in awhile for grins. They have UTV so a lot of people can see the event. UT2k4 has a lot going for it and a little effort can go a long way.

Comment

I'm of the same mind of SiN. I don't like DM any more. I stopped liking it when UT came out. I played it to death in Unreal and games before that. But CTF is my favorite gametype. DOM was my second favorite gametype, followed by UT's AS (minus the impact hammer tricks) and I've gained a new respect for BR recently. UT2k4's ONS was very fun. I bet I play the heck out of that in UT2k4.

The only DM that interests me now is 1on1 DM with no superweapons, but it's been months since I played that. DM just does nothing for me.

I think it's perfectly alright for SiN to have his own opinions.

Comment

Working...
      X