Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mort_Q
    Who really cares !?

The so-called PRO players are in the minority.

Make the game for ME and I'll be happy. Greedy ain't I!?
    Yeah i agree that pro players are a small minority.

Clanners on the other hand are diffirent. If the clan scene is huge, then the public servers will be a lot bigger and have lots of people playing.

Reason im having a go is that Epic does some brillent things with UT2004, and they say somthing weird like this

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Hamburger
      Yes, iv played DrSin a few times on them Epic test servers with a ping of 230ms and still killed him a few times

Trust me iv played against some top class players who would slaugher anyone from Epic
      We're not talking about DrSiN, we're talking about Andrew and Mysterial (though Mark's original comments were only made about Andrew).

So, HAVE YOU PLAYED ANDREW?

Originally posted by Kronon
      Well, if Andrew is playing in kaizen and have several years of competitive experience, sure. But I somehow doubt that he does that.

/Kronon
      So how can you argue Mark's comments about him? You don't even know if you've played him or not.

Comment

Originally posted by JavaGuy
        We're not talking about DrSiN, we're talking about Andrew and Mysterial (though Mark's original comments were only made about Andrew).

Bah...they think they are good because they made the game. They don't play it as much as we do I bet. I would love to take them on to find out. If they can beat me then they are better than the well above avg gamer.

Comment

So how can you argue Mark's comments about him? You don't even know if you've played him or not.
          Pretty easy, Mark said that hes the best pro out there, if he beats fatiality then im impressed, but i very much doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Hamburger
            No offence to Epic or anyone, but you cant compare Mysterial or this Andrew guy to anyone like zulg or fatialty. Its very misleading of you saying that you guys are "pro"
            I'm not saying so and so is better than such and such, BUT, how can you say that??
            They ARE pro because they get payed to do it, how else do you judge who is pro or not?

Comment

"One of the things we realised was a problem in UT2003 was that we'd build the whole map, including decoration. It became difficult to adjust the game flow. So what Cliff did for UT2004 was to make the designers just build the simple level and terrain structures and play the hell out of them right here."
              yay

Comment

Did the test server once too. 200ms and more (I'm european). It was iG something I normally don't play in ut2k3 and the drsin went down quite alot.

So if you do the math, let's say that andrew takes sin out 20-10 for example then that andrew would make a good clanner, but certainly not pro.

Comment

Did anyone notice this in that review or am I the only one?

"Tactics are quickly improvised: every node comes with a couple of vehicles, and you prioritise your efforts according to what you'll gain, be it tanks, flying hover-bikes,bombers..."

Note bombers, I thought there was a discussion that this was out of the program and that it would be a summoned airstrike.

the article is from 10/17 too

Comment

Well, that can be arranged. But its not the point.

Just like in tennis, bowling, football and every other sports or competitive activity, you have to play against the top before you can join the top. You need to attend LAN parties, play tournaments, watch tons of demos, finetune tactics against other competitive players and so on.

For example, I bet not a single top player has less than 100 clanwars as experience. And why would some play-for-fun graphic designer from Epic be any different?

If this is to hard for you to understand, please ask someone else. I am getting tired of explaining basic stuff to you.

/Kronon

Comment

Iv'e played DrSin too. On the *ICE* iCTF server. He ripped up the server. No one else came close to his scores. 'Cept me j/k

Comment

Originally posted by poobeard
                        Iv'e played DrSin too. On the *ICE* iCTF server. He ripped up the server. No one else came close to his scores. 'Cept me j/k
                        I have seen him there too. It was a really long time ago, back when I still played IG.

Comment

Originally posted by Tropic
                          I have seen him there too. It was a really long time ago, back when I still played IG.
                          Yeah it was probably the same time. I wondered why I hadn't seen you for a while.

Comment

Bah I'll frag all your asses so just shut up.

(haven't played for a while )

Comment

Originally posted by DrSiN
                              If Epic makes the balance from the viewpoint that players can't be ant better than Andrew and Mysterial, then the competitive community will have really big problems in UT2004.

Then of course having never played any of us, you would have no idea would you?
                              I palyed Mysterial once, he got pwnt. Well mby cause that was his first time on the server and it was RPG.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSiN
                                Sorry, the only one on one I personally play is IG-Joust so when 2K4 ships sure. DM never really did anything for me. I'm a CTF player thanks.

Alright.. How bout I make a challenge then! I have been pklaying UT IG CTF = day one when the game first came out, and have played it straight through UT2003! Tell you what, if I decide to buy UT2004 (I probably will despide all my whining on the CTF maps!)... I wanna play you... 1v1 ... in CTF-1on1-Joust!

Bring it on if you like getting gutted like a fish!

Comment

Working...
                                X