Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by poobeard
    Iv'e played DrSin too. On the *ICE* iCTF server. He ripped up the server. No one else came close to his scores. 'Cept me j/k
    Hmmm... That said tho, he was testing his new aimbot at the time...
    Well we got the demo so we're gonna send it to Epic and get his key banned:up:

*edit-
    Originally posted by DrSiN
    [B]NW DM is so what 8 years ago?
    :haha: :up: The man speaks!
    So it's true, NW realy does suck ***! I love you Sin :cry:
    *Please exuse me, I'm a little drunk

Originally posted by FireCrack
    I palyed Mysterial once, he got pwnt. Well mby cause that was his first time on the server and it was RPG.
    Lol. Thats no excuse though, he made RPG:haha:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did the test server once too. 200ms and more (I'm european). It was iG something I normally don't play in ut2k3 and the drsin went down quite alot.

Death doesn't matter in CTF/BR which is pretty much what I always run. It also depends on how much of a crunch I'm under programming wise. Funny story, I was playing on a FACE 3 server and I was hunting their FC who was running like a *****.. something that's easy to do on Face 3. There was one guy on the other team that everytime I went after the FC, would attack me and since I wasn't really paying any attention to him usually end up killing me. Each time he would make this off handed comment along the lines of "bah.. you suck SiN". Of course I finally was able to take out their FC and we got the cap.

He was so proud and I just chuckled as we won 5 to nil. Love DM'er playing CTF.

So if you do the math, let's say that andrew takes sin out 20-10 for example then that andrew would make a good clanner, but certainly not pro.

Actually, Andrew usually beats me 20 - 1 or 2. I haven't been a DM player in years so I don't bother doing things like timing power ups, etc.

For example, I bet not a single top player has less than 100 clanwars as experience. And why would some play-for-fun graphic designer from Epic be any different?

So by your example, without 100's of hours of practicing in game design your suggestions and ideas are have little meaning.. hmm...

It's also assumes that none of us have clan and/or "professional" tournament experiance which is also wrong.

Oh, and I secretly played some of the best in the world while they warmed up at the CPL last year. While I doubt I could manage but a frag or two in DM, I'd put Andrew very close to their level.

CTF is easy you can blame the loss on others.

Spoken like a true DM player. Of course a real CTF player knows the team shares the defeat. Hence the word TEAM.

DM NW is where you truly see just how skilled someone is.

Or rather DM NW is where you truly see just how well someone can time an item.

BTW IG sux! Not because I am no good(quite the contrary) but because it is boring. No variety. I played the hell out of it in UT however but it was a little challenging because of the air control.

Matter of opinion I guess. NW DM is so what 8 years ago?

wanna play you... 1v1 ... in CTF-1on1-Joust!

Sure, soon as the game ships.. if I can't convince them to put Joust in the demo (doubtful).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry, the only one on one I personally play is IG-Joust so when 2K4 ships sure. DM never really did anything for me. I'm a CTF player thanks.

Alright.. How bout I make a challenge then! I have been pklaying UT IG CTF = day one when the game first came out, and have played it straight through UT2003! Tell you what, if I decide to buy UT2004 (I probably will despide all my whining on the CTF maps!)... I wanna play you... 1v1 ... in CTF-1on1-Joust!

Bring it on if you like getting gutted like a fish!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If Epic makes the balance from the viewpoint that players can't be ant better than Andrew and Mysterial, then the competitive community will have really big problems in UT2004.

Then of course having never played any of us, you would have no idea would you?
    I palyed Mysterial once, he got pwnt. Well mby cause that was his first time on the server and it was RPG.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bah I'll frag all your asses so just shut up.

(haven't played for a while )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tropic
    I have seen him there too. It was a really long time ago, back when I still played IG.
    Yeah it was probably the same time. I wondered why I hadn't seen you for a while.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by poobeard
    Iv'e played DrSin too. On the *ICE* iCTF server. He ripped up the server. No one else came close to his scores. 'Cept me j/k
    I have seen him there too. It was a really long time ago, back when I still played IG.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JavaGuy
    So how can you argue Mark's comments about him? You don't even know if you've played him or not.
    Well, that can be arranged. But its not the point.

Just like in tennis, bowling, football and every other sports or competitive activity, you have to play against the top before you can join the top. You need to attend LAN parties, play tournaments, watch tons of demos, finetune tactics against other competitive players and so on.

For example, I bet not a single top player has less than 100 clanwars as experience. And why would some play-for-fun graphic designer from Epic be any different?

If this is to hard for you to understand, please ask someone else. I am getting tired of explaining basic stuff to you.

/Kronon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did anyone notice this in that review or am I the only one?

"Tactics are quickly improvised: every node comes with a couple of vehicles, and you prioritise your efforts according to what you'll gain, be it tanks, flying hover-bikes,bombers..."

Note bombers, I thought there was a discussion that this was out of the program and that it would be a summoned airstrike.

the article is from 10/17 too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did the test server once too. 200ms and more (I'm european). It was iG something I normally don't play in ut2k3 and the drsin went down quite alot.

So if you do the math, let's say that andrew takes sin out 20-10 for example then that andrew would make a good clanner, but certainly not pro.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "One of the things we realised was a problem in UT2003 was that we'd build the whole map, including decoration. It became difficult to adjust the game flow. So what Cliff did for UT2004 was to make the designers just build the simple level and terrain structures and play the hell out of them right here."
    yay

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Happy_Hamburger
    No offence to Epic or anyone, but you cant compare Mysterial or this Andrew guy to anyone like zulg or fatialty. Its very misleading of you saying that you guys are "pro"
    I'm not saying so and so is better than such and such, BUT, how can you say that??
    They ARE pro because they get payed to do it, how else do you judge who is pro or not?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We're not talking about DrSiN, we're talking about Andrew and Mysterial (though Mark's original comments were only made about Andrew).

So, HAVE YOU PLAYED ANDREW?

So how can you argue Mark's comments about him? You don't even know if you've played him or not.
    Pretty easy, Mark said that hes the best pro out there, if he beats fatiality then im impressed, but i very much doubt it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We're not talking about DrSiN, we're talking about Andrew and Mysterial (though Mark's original comments were only made about Andrew).

So, HAVE YOU PLAYED ANDREW?
    Bah...they think they are good because they made the game. They don't play it as much as we do I bet. I would love to take them on to find out. If they can beat me then they are better than the well above avg gamer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X