Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    /me crosses fingers too

I'll be updating the server once the linux patch is final.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin,
    TechnoMage

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good deal - /me crosses fingers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is still hope!!

There's been a HUGE turn of events and there still might be hope and a second chance for the server to continue! Of course I still wont know for sure until the end of the month nears but things are looking favorable, I'm hoping that I'll be able to continue running the server!! I can't give many details about why or how this has come about other than it's personal and things are looking a whole lot brighter than they were yesterday...

The server will remain online until I'm sure either way.

TechnoMage

Leave a comment:

• replied
    not sure if the server has been patched or not, but TM posted on the website that he's got to take the server down at the end of this month. Shame really, there were some good evenings spent on that server for me.

At least we have the rest of the month, right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    have you patched the server yet......
    i would like to see how the new patch affects my ping....
    seems servers that have been patched with 3339 are pinging lower for most people so far.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, Just got the server back online a little while ago with my new TEMPORARY (until I find a better one) redirect. It's a alot faster than my old redirect by far. Also threw on a couple more custom maps..

I'll be putting vctf back on the server soon. I just need to find a better web host.. (suggestions welcome)

I'm not going to use any more public redirects with our server. I've decided that I'm going to get a decent webhost with enough monthly bandwidth to run my own private redirect and that way, unreliable public redirects wont kill the server...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm working on a new redirect for the server so everything should be back to normal shortly.. For the time being I've removed the vCTF option from the server until I get everything straightened out. Lets hope this works...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah i noticed that....
    i was on a server ....had the map luckily but some of my friends trying to connect barely got past the 10 or 20% mark after a couple minutes of downloading
    hopefully things pick up once the redirect is back up and runnning

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think I now know why the server has been so quiet as of late... The redirect I was using is down (gameservers.net) and without the redirect nobody can get any of the downloads. I temporarily turned on serverside downloads but it's slow... So until the redirect is back online or I find a new redirect it looks like the server is dead...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah i noticed your server has been quite empty as of late.....
    i seldom go on it if no one else i playing....
    the bots are too easy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    vCTF now?!? Kickass! :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As far as I could tell, the server issues arise when we get close to capacity. That hasn't been a problem the last few days

I can only take so much of the bots

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, I know the last few days have been kinda rough on the server, something's been wrong with the server and I've been in a dialogue with the host and I believe by now the problem should be fixed (if not now, then very very soon). Any past problems I've had with the server, the've fixed within a very short amount of time they have excellent technical support. So, please let me know if you continue to experience lag and or any jerkiness on the server.

TechnoMage

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i started to watch my ping more closely....i am not sure if you noticed this when spectating but for myself, my ping would do the following when server is at or nearing capacity.....
    ping would be pretty **** good 50 to 70 ish and then for some odd reason jump to 170....second to 5 seconds later back down to 50 -70....it would repeat this constantly. Know idea what might cause this but thought i would add this in case it gave you any ideas....
    also, i kept an eye on my packet loss but didn't see any.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but it does appear that there is a small problem with the server. I'm in contact with my game host, clanservers.com and we'll get to the bottom of the problem. It should be fixed soon! Thanks to all who have notified me about the problem. Hopefully this doesn't last too long and we can all get back to some fun gaming. The good news is it seems to be an intermittent problem and doesn't affect the server at all times...

TechnoMage

Leave a comment:

Working...
X