black/ban-list for servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black/ban-list for servers

**** that happens over and over again, you connect to a server and notice that you wanted to avoid that server cause of its ****ing retarted settings.. (custom link setup, only 1 round per map, demo-server etc.).
    What UT-serverbrowser needs is a ban/black-list, alternatively a better filter !

agreed...

Comment

How about instead you write to the server admins with suggestions for improvement?

My servers have totally changed since they opened due to player's suggestions.

Comment

there is a check box for "standard servers only" in the server list window. this only affects mutators though, not the actual game setup. Personally I filter out any servers that don't run utcomp. You can set such a filter by clicking "filters" in the bottom left corner.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
          agreed...
          Ditto.

I can't understand why some people use some of the settings that they do. Like low grav turbo firing sniper rifles with unlimited ammo. How is that fun at all?

Comment

I wish the patch number was show so I can play online again.:cry:

I have the latest patch but I keep getting server has out of date patch. :cry:

I can't play online anymore.:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by iron12
              I wish the patch number was show so I can play online again.:cry:

I have the latest patch but I keep getting server has out of date patch. :cry:

I can't play online anymore.:cry:
              patch number is shown in the game as well as for individual servers.
              Outdated servers are demo-servers running 3120, others dont occure in the serverlist anymore.

Comment

Yes, what we need is more restrictions, maybe we can
                kill all the servers out there, that would be super.

Comment

if somebody is killing servers then these are the server-admins.

I hope we players will still have freedom of choice where we play and where we dont -> for this purpose a black-list would be very helpful.
                  Having to drop a server cause u got an unwanted one is really annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                    How about instead you write to the server admins with suggestions for improvement?

My servers have totally changed since they opened due to player's suggestions.

But all the Admins are not as cool as you Flak.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMethane
                      Ditto.

I can't understand why some people use some of the settings that they do. Like low grav turbo firing sniper rifles with unlimited ammo. How is that fun at all?
                      You are probably talking about the "Zark" mutator, which returns the sniper rifle into the UT style but with super fast firing. Although it's not really my cup of tea either, there is an entire community both clan and ladder/competition oriented for both UT and UT2004 using that mutator. Variety is the spice of life right? :up:

Comment

Originally posted by m1cky
                        patch number is shown in the game as well as for individual servers.
                        Outdated servers are demo-servers running 3120, others dont occure in the serverlist anymore.
                        Where please.

Where is the patch number shown so I don't spend all my time looking at server is out dated.

Comment

your ut-version is shown under JOIN GAME - NEWS in the right upper corner.

Server Version number can be seen in the server settings (bottom left "window" in server browser). Furthermore the most of outdated servers are demo servers running 3120 and ONS-Torlan.

Comment

Originally posted by m1cky
                            if somebody is killing servers then these are the server-admins.

I hope we players will still have freedom of choice where we play and where we dont -> for this purpose a black-list would be very helpful.
                            Having to drop a server cause u got an unwanted one is really annoying.
                            Yeah, it's realy hard to see if the server you join has
                            a green icon in the serverlist, and if not check what it's
                            running.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMethane
                              low grav turbo firing sniper rifles with unlimited ammo
                              Cool, whats the IP? Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X