Safe to install patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safe to install patch?

What do you think, have admins around the world just about all installed the new patch compatible AntiTCC by now?
    Or should I wait another week with installing the patch?

I installed it a few days ago and have had no problems on any of the dozen or so servers I've joined since.

Comment

i have a problem with the new patch when installed i can't sometimes not join the server then i will be kicked because Xwater ring :down:

Comment

install the patch - i've only had ONE server refuse me because of the XWaterRing thingy .... DO IT .... DO IT!!!

Comment

The first time I patched to 3323 I couldn't even turn on the game. I had to reload a backup of my system folder from 3270. I just tried installing the patch again and this time it went better. I can now open the game now but will have to try the patch out more this afternoon when more people are playing.

Comment

Originally posted by badger_fruit
            install the patch - i've only had ONE server refuse me because of the XWaterRing thingy .... DO IT .... DO IT!!!
            I have been having the same problem with XWaterRing. I get booted from a lot of onslaught servers because of it. What is this problem? and is there anyway to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mostly_Harmless
              I have been having the same problem with XWaterRing. I get booted from a lot of onslaught servers because of it. What is this problem? and is there anyway to fix it?
              It's something to do with the version of AntiTCC installed on server ... check this out ...

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hlight=antitcc

hope this helps!!

Comment

I've not found any reason not to yet, had it installed a few days now

Comment

Install it.

After tomorrow any server running the old version will no longer be displayed as a standard server since the old versions are being removed from the Epic "whitelist". DrSin has sent out an e-mail to the server admin list reminding them of this.

Comment

The only problem is that the admins of some servers haven't updated to Antitcc final, so your uber water ring hacks get detected.:bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by The5thviruz
                      so your uber water ring hacks get detected.:bulb:

**** those water ring hacks to hell and back

Comment

Originally posted by zerocool
                        i have a problem with the new patch when installed i can't sometimes not join the server then i will be kicked because Xwater ring :down:
                        Because you are trying to join either an unpatched server or a server with an older version of AntiCC.

Comment

Originally posted by zerocool
                          Not a problem with the patch but a problem with the admin not updating ...

Comment

I have had crippling lag problems with our server since the patch was installed. I guess you don't have much choice but to install it, but you may lose most of your players to lag problems.

Comment

i had a problem with animations with the 3233 patch

more details

Comment

Working...
                              X