unbalanced teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unbalanced teams

I like ONS but sometimes it seems like only retards are playing. Games start ok but end up unbalanced because nobody gives a **** about making a fair game and the ******s who all stay because they are winning (they would leave if losing obviously) seem to get less intelligent by the day! the guy even misspelled 'pwnage', he did it twice, first it was 'wpange' and then 'apwnge'

Join a clan? :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by ATlasIAm
      Join a clan? :weird:
      yes, but it is sad that pub games are so rubbish. Where is the etiquette? maybe I have clouded memory but players of UT used to be cool and the game was fun. What has happenned that nobody seems to want to play fair anymore?

Comment

I agree with you ennio... team becoming uneven in number of players is Onslaughts fatal flaw. I just left a battle in Dawn just now that was SO frustrating... it was close, but we were making ground slowly, and I felt we were about to break them... and just when I had a hell of a run... I killed like 5 or 6 of their guys one right after the other... a lot of luck maybe, but nonetheless I was slaughtering them... but all of a sudden 3 of our nodes fell, then the core started being attacked, and I'm like, WTF, how is that possible, so I look at the teams and its now like 10 to 5.

I wish I could say that is rare, but it happens (maybe to a slightly lesser degree) every night I play. I'd say maybe half the battles. They really gotta fix this game.

And no, joining a clan isn't an option for most.... I just wanna play when I wanna play, not on some schedule. I think it would be really easy to fix pub play, they just aren't doing it.

/end :cry:

Comment

Re: unbalanced teams

Originally posted by ennio
          I like ONS but sometimes it seems like only retards are playing. Games start ok but end up unbalanced because nobody gives a **** about making a fair game and the ******s who all stay because they are winning (they would leave if losing obviously) seem to get less intelligent by the day! the guy even misspelled 'pwnage', he did it twice, first it was 'wpange' and then 'apwnge'
          Join a clan?!? From what i saw, they tend to mess up games, they all seem to be scared to be seprated: One time in AS, there was like 4 clan guys, i think the logo was )o( but anyways, it was 8 to 4 and those guys wouldnt even the teams! Everyone kept saying over and over again. "EVEN TEAMS!" Finally, one of em joins our team. As for the misspelling, everyone does that all the time, no biggy. If people spent time trying to correct sentecnces, they would get killed everytime they type, lol!

Comment

Yeah that's one of the reasons I don't play ONS. I mostly stick to Carball and my favorite server for that has an auto team balance mutator so people can't just join the winning team when they show up (or join halfway through). I've always got a kick out of watching the noobs attempt to go to switch teams. I really anjoy it when they attempt to do it more than once, netting themselves an extra -1 every time they try. Why every server doesn't use something like this is beyond me. Hell I would even go so far as to say that it should be a mandatory feature on all servers. I mean there's anti cheat protection, and stacking one team is in my opinion a form of cheating.

Comment

Maybe if admins turned on "force balance teams" :sulk:

Comment

There is 1 way to solve this .. and it's a thing u can do...
                join a clan and u will never have such problem again.
                plublic is rubbish because evrey1 can do what ever he likes ....
                there are lamers in plublics .. can't stop them, can't help it, can't talk to them...
                and thats whats makes plublic diffrend from official matches...
                So it's kinda pointless to make an thread about this.

Comment

Originally posted by ^ngelus
                  There is 1 way to solve this .. and it's a thing u can do...
                  join a clan and u will never have such problem again.
                  plublic is rubbish because evrey1 can do what ever he likes ....
                  there are lamers in plublics .. can't stop them, can't help it, can't talk to them...
                  and thats whats makes plublic diffrend from official matches...
                  So it's kinda pointless to make an thread about this.
                  join a clan join a clan join a clan join a clan join a clan join a clan join a clan join a clan join a clan join a clan join a clan join a clan blah blah blah

You are missing the point dude! I can't be bothered to spell it out for you so whatever

Comment

Re: unbalanced teams

People should be forced to play at a certain % level in offline completing Ons objectives before being allowed to play online, and if they cant keep that % of completing mission objectives they are forced to play onslaught offline untill they reach that % so they can play online...

would cut out most retards that dont link nodes, repair veichles attack nodes, build nodes, deffend nodes...

Comment

Well outside of joining a clan you are going to have to learn to deal with this in ONS.

CTF and TDM both have some servers that clanners hang out on and stick out the games. They also have allot of PUG games (basicaly sign up for the game in IRC), there is nothing like that for ONS now.

Comment

Re: Re: unbalanced teams

Originally posted by Bishop Gantry
                        People should be forced to play at a certain % level in offline completing Ons objectives before being allowed to play online, and if they cant keep that % of completing mission objectives they are forced to play onslaught offline untill they reach that % so they can play online...

would cut out most retards that dont link nodes, repair veichles attack nodes, build nodes, deffend nodes...
                        You would think that...
                        But after playing Americas Army, where there is that sort of requirement, the ****tards are still there.

Ill also disagree with this type of system.

Publics are just that. A place for people all over the world and learn, meet new people, and get eaten.

If anything, the balance issue is the experianced players responsibility. If they dont switch to make the game better and are content to stick to a team that will domminate every round, they are no better than the scum that accumulates at the corner of your mouth when you are really thirsty. After all, noobs dont know any better....

There is of course the possibility you are playing on a server beneath your skill lvl. and thats your own fault.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: unbalanced teams

Originally posted by : DX :-THeGAME
                          You would think that...
                          But after playing Americas Army, where there is that sort of requirement, the ****tards are still there.

Ill also disagree with this type of system.

Publics are just that. A place for people all over the world and learn, meet new people, and get eaten.

If anything, the balance issue is the experianced players responsibility. If they dont switch to make the game better and are content to stick to a team that will domminate every round, they are no better than the scum that accumulates at the corner of your mouth when you are really thirsty. After all, noobs dont know any better....

There is of course the possibility you are playing on a server beneath your skill lvl. and thats your own fault.
                          and you cast scorn on noobs? so what is your definition of a noob you patronizing git?

Comment

We don't need any more join a clan posts. Frankly I don't like ONS enough to join a clan for it, and I've heard Clan ONS matches usually end fairly quickly as it's pretty much decided in the first few minutes who's going to win. I also like the bigger games in ONS, and as far as I know there aren't many 16v16 ONS ladders.

When I want to play ONS I just want to go to my favorites, join Cain's and get ready to play. What I don't want is to have 4 people switch to the winning team and have to say "teams" the entire match until our powercore goes down.

And as for the whole "experience players should switch" deal, well it really isn't our obligation. If I join a game and see the teams are uneven I'll gladly switch, but if I have been fighting the good fight for 10 minutes and some noob changes sides, I'm not going to switch just because he wants to win. I'll call him a variety of names and hope he either switches back or leaves though.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: unbalanced teams

and you cast scorn on noobs? so what is your definition of a noob you patronizing git?
                              Lol..
                              You are funny.

I love noobs.
                              They keep the game fresh and alive.
                              Once they learn a thing or two they are a force, and keep the game alive. Most are willing to learn, and if they arent, they disappear withing a week.

A noob is someone who just bought the game, and have no idea how to play it. Lets not confuse them with the assclown. Assclown: someone who knows how to play but doesnt, content to go off into their own lil world.
                              Those are few. People tend not to screw off at something they know how to do.

Before you flame, at lest have a clue yourself..

Comment

Working...
                              X