Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Isn't The No Damage Bug Fixed?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Why Isn't The No Damage Bug Fixed?

    There is really no excuse for this to still be here.

    #2
    What "No Damage Bug" are you talking about!?

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Mort_Q
      What "No Damage Bug" are you talking about!?
      The one where you shoot someone with flak or rockets and it doesn't do any damage. It shows up as a hit for you, though it does no damage. Also it doesn't show up as a hit for the other user (The one that you "missed") due to some problem with the code.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Mort_Q
        What "No Damage Bug" are you talking about!?
        the one were he misses someone and he doesn't know it. WTF HAX!!!1!!one!!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by bleh02
          The one where you shoot someone with flak or rockets and it doesn't do any damage. It shows up as a hit for you, though it does no damage. Also it doesn't show up as a hit for the other user (The one that you "missed") due to some problem with the code.
          Sounds like lag to me. I've never noticed this, but I really don't use the Flak or RL much against players... just nodes and vehicles.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Mort_Q
            Sounds like lag to me.
            It isn't.

            Comment


              #7
              I totally agree with you bleh, there really is no excuse why epic hasnt fixed their game :-/ . Nothing frustrates me more than in a match nailing someone head on with a rox or flak ball and them not dying..... happens 2-3 times a game sometimes.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by bleh02
                The one where you shoot someone with flak or rockets and it doesn't do any damage. It shows up as a hit for you, though it does no damage. Also it doesn't show up as a hit for the other user (The one that you "missed") due to some problem with the code.
                mm, that is basicly a latency problem. Your client is expecting there position to be in one place, but when the server actually gets the position, its off, and then your client gets that data, and finds out it was a miss, but it already made the call to play the hit sound. With rockets I am not so sure about that though, as I would expect the predictions in the game to do a fair job unless the other user is really lagging, or had their packets lost for a longer period then the game can do a good job predicting.. which then they should have looked like there was a jitter in there movements.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by bleh02
                  It isn't.
                  I'll take your word for it.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    it's not going/can't to be fixed.
                    I believe the epic worker Mysterial said something along those lines.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Xipher
                      mm, that is basicly a latency problem. Your client is expecting there position to be in one place, but when the server actually gets the position, its off, and then your client gets that data, and finds out it was a miss, but it already made the call to play the hit sound. With rockets I am not so sure about that though, as I would expect the predictions in the game to do a fair job unless the other user is really lagging, or had a the packets lost for a longer period then normal. which then they should have looked like there was a jitter in there movements.
                      No hit sound is played. Just the rocket exploding animation. . . I doubt it is a latency problem when I get it with a 25 ping. Epic has said before that they won't fix it becaues it's such a rare occurance or some dumb thing like that. Yeah. No need to lie just becaue you're too lazy to fix a game. But heeeey, who needs to fix bugs when you can increase the number of gametypes exponentially each release? Right?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by bleh02
                        No hit sound is played. Just the rocket exploding animation. . . I doubt it is a latency problem when I get it with a 25 ping. Epic has said before that they won't fix it becaues it's such a rare occurance or some dumb thing like that. Yeah. No need to lie just becaue you're too lazy to fix a game. But heeeey, who needs to fix bugs when you can increase the number of gametypes exponentially each release? Right?

                        I didn't say the lag was on your end, but on the other clients. The server didn't get there updated location and direction in time to determine it correctly, and hand it off to your client. This is just a theory though, I don't know exactly what happend, and therefor can't tell you what the problem is.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Xipher
                          I didn't say the lag was on your end, but on the other clients. The server didn't get there updated location and direction in time to determine it correctly, and hand it off to your client. This is just a theory though, I don't know exactly what happend, and therefor can't tell you what the problem is.
                          Either way, it's not ping dependant as far as I can tell. It's happened to me on every server I've ever played, at least 1 or 2 times every other match. Ping doesn't matter on either user. It happens no matter what :\

                          Comment


                            #14
                            well, do other users see the same explosion, or is it only your client, if you know.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Xipher
                              well, do other users see the same explosion, or is it only your client, if you know.
                              Only my client (or their client when it happens to them) I think I already said that in an earlier post :bulb:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X