Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekend Desktop Thread Guidelines - The Poll ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Desktop Thread Guidelines - The Poll ...

Should this thread -> http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=407193 be a sticky?!

[edit] If you vote, please also reply with your reasons

If others in the community are willing to follow the guidelines stated in the thread then it would be nice to have it as a sticky.

Comment

Congrats on finally getting the Poll to work.. and yeah... I think it deserves a stickie

Comment

ok, who said "no", and why?

Comment

I voted no, stickying rules is retarded.

First off you act like it's people that don't know the rules are the ones goofing things up. This isnt true. It's people that know them that just don't give a ****, and posting an f'ing sticky isn't going to change that one bit.

Also nobody cares about the stickies. People just ask questions anyways and then get flamed with typical "use search" or "read the sticky" ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Saito
            I voted no, stickying rules is retarded.

First off you act like it's people that don't know the rules are the ones goofing things up. This isnt true. It's people that know them that just don't give a ****, and posting an f'ing sticky isn't going to change that one bit.

Also nobody cares about the stickies. People just ask questions anyways and then get flamed with typical "use search" or "read the sticky" ****.
            furry **** .... i mean fair enough .....

the stickies are *meant* to be there to stop the repeated questions - also i'm not acting like its the people that don't know the rules that are f* ing it up blah blah - not ONCE have I said that (even though today there was someone who didnt use the SHOT tags - or at least borked it up).

If the thread was a stickie, perhaps this would be avoided? Perhaps not as well, but at least if someone gets some use from them then why not?

People posting who "know the rules" and then break them, well not a lot you can do about it really!

Besides, they're not rules as I don't wish to impose anything on anyone, they are GUIDELINES ... a subtle difference but an important one

I don't know if you've actually read them, but they have a few useful tips in there, aimed at the general population but also tips for people who don't know how to grab or where to post their desktops.

Think of it more as an "FAQ" ...

Don't be so angry man, it's only a poll ...... I was only curious as to who thought this was a bad idea - jeeez!

Comment

I think your beef is with Dr.Thodt. Sticky is unecessary tbh.
              Just tell the people who start the thread at the wrong time off!

Dunno if that would work

Well, if an admin was crazy enough maybe they could make a sticky every week for the weekend desktop thread.

Comment

NO NO NO NO NO!

This is nothing against anyone in particular!!! Read the guidelines ... DrThodt can start it each week as far as i care!!

I just want to stop the "OMGPLZUSESCREEBSHOTTAGZ" etc etc!!

Comment

Voted no, cause I think stickies should be for the really important stuff.
                  Sorry, but I don't think "The Weekend Desktop Thread" is (although I take a look at your artfull screens :up: every now and then).

Wouldn't it be enough if the regular posters in this thread would place the rules in their sig?

If there are really so many people messing the weekly threads up then hey, go for the sticky.
                  Won't hurt nobody around here.

Comment

Personnaly? I think weekend threads are stupid. Stick it on one same thread already :up:

I see people complain about tooo many threads over "globs", "anti-tcc sux", and what not... yet they are the ones who make and post in weekend desktop threads.:weird:

Comment

It isn't a definitive rule set, not everyone has their workweek end on Friday, or at all. You are seriously lacking basic guidelines. And trying to force it as an all encompassing thread. You hardly have any 'guidelines'.

Comment

does it matter what day the thread starts really? friday, saturday, sunday, even monday. its a desktop thread, unless your desktop is UT related technically you shouldnt be posting it here (dont get me wrong i enjoy the desktop threads) but this is a UT forum. just my 2 cents! :up:

Comment

You need a system were someone is picked at random to start the desktop thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DrThodt
                            It isn't a definitive rule set, not everyone has their workweek end on Friday, or at all. You are seriously lacking basic guidelines. And trying to force it as an all encompassing thread. You hardly have any 'guidelines'.
                            I have 3 guidelines. Simple, to the point. Anything else IMO is over kill of a great tradition

Comment

Originally posted by ziadoz
                              does it matter what day the thread starts really? friday, saturday, sunday, even monday. its a desktop thread, unless your desktop is UT related technically you shouldnt be posting it here (dont get me wrong i enjoy the desktop threads) but this is a UT forum. just my 2 cents! :up:
                              It's OT its desktop thread for UT players, it doesnt have to have a UT wallpaper or theme.

Comment

Working...
                              X