HLSW

Comment

Originally posted by ninja`mcnuggets
      ingame > ase > gsa

Comment

Originally posted by CaTdAeMoN
        indame is the only browser better than ase. :up:
        C'mon, that's **** man.

You can't color sort filters by using the ingame browser. You don't get automatic mod/mut/map release updates using the ingame browser. You can't track your buddies through multiple games using the ingame browser. The ingame browser doesn't show you when a server has a map that you don't have - ASE shows ALL maps you don't currently have in red so you instantly know (before you connect) if you're going to have to download a map. etc. etc. etc. Far more powerful custom filters, low resource usage <--And if you don't like that, ASE will automatically close itself before your game launches. Ability to sort by country, no-bots, only-non-empty-servers, only-servers-with-human-players, etc. etc. etc. Too many to list!

Comment

ASE

Comment

Originally posted by ninja`mcnuggets
            ingame > ase > gsa
            +1

Comment

Originally posted by Pillu
              The ingame browser does its job well enough for me. For everything else, ASE.
              +1

Comment

Originally posted by ^OMFG!!
                C'mon, that's **** man.

You can't color sort filters by using the ingame browser. You don't get automatic mod/mut/map release updates using the ingame browser. You can't track your buddies through multiple games using the ingame browser. The ingame browser doesn't show you when a server has a map that you don't have - ASE shows ALL maps you don't currently have in red so you instantly know (before you connect) if you're going to have to download a map. etc. etc. etc. Far more powerful custom filters, low resource usage <--And if you don't like that, ASE will automatically close itself before your game launches. Ability to sort by country, no-bots, only-non-empty-servers, only-servers-with-human-players, etc. etc. etc. Too many to list!
                :up: :up: :up:

Comment

Originally posted by ^OMFG!!
                  C'mon, that's **** man.

You can't color sort filters by using the ingame browser.
                  Don't care.

You don't get automatic mod/mut/map release updates using the ingame browser.
                  That's a really nice feature.

You can't track your buddies through multiple games using the ingame browser.
                  If I know I'm going to play UT2k4, I don't care what other game my buddies might be playing.

The ingame browser doesn't show you when a server has a map that you don't have
                  On the other hand, uncompressed map downloads in UT series games are hella- faster than, say, Q3- based games... plus, a lot of servers have their redirect up. In UT2k4 the occasional unexpected map isn't nearly as severe a problem as in CoD for example -- so again, I don't care.

Ability to sort by country
                  This feature is absolutely a MUST when you're trying to coordinate a group of players on both sides of the Atlantic who vary in connection speed, and I say God bless ASE for providing that :up:.

That said, however, you'd have to be a fool to try such a stunt with unmodded UT2k4... it's just too unforgiving of high pings. Beyond that, the ingame browser shows my ping to the server; that's really all I need to know.

no-bots, only-non-empty-servers, only-servers-with-human-players
                  That's all available within the ingame browser.

The ingame browser has unlimited buddy- list without requiring a subscription... and furthermore that buddy- list supports wildcards (not so with ASE last I checked).

For UT2k4, I've had a much more satisfactory experience using the ingame browser than I've had with ASE. For other games, it's just the opposite; I wouldn't touch CoD's ingame browser with a ten- foot pole, and ASE handles that game marvelously. It does really well with the HL engine as well. ASE is a top- quality product to be sure, and one that no gamer ought to be without IMO... but I don't use it for UT2k4.

*edit* One advantage ASE really does have over the ingame browser is that you don't have to launch a resource hog like UT2k4 to run it. That makes it great for picking a server over IRC. However, UT2k4 also has a built- in IRC client, and with the new buddy- list it's pretty easy to get all your people to the same place. Adding that buddy- list was the best thing Epic could possibly have done, it rocks. :up:

Comment

hlsw, it certainly is the best game browser I've ever seen. Try it once and you'll never use ASE/GSA again.

Comment

Ingame.

Comment

Originally posted by breadbaker
                        Ingame.
                        Gotta agree.

I dont need a list of thousands, and I can find good pings without paying for it, or registering at a third party.

K.I.S.S.

Comment

all seeing eye

Comment

Working...
                          X