EPIC: Bots, vehicles and the Use key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    GuntiNDDS, I think we are looking at the two different points Piglet brought out. You are at #1 while I'm at 2.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: EPIC: Bots, vehicles and the Use key

Originally posted by GuntiNDDS
    works by console
    Didn't know that, thanks.
    It's always possible to get the manta before the bot does. Dodge jump ! In MP, people spawn at the same time as you do. You'd better train to run fast if you want a vehicle.
    In MP, newbies take vehicles, and make circles with them. Not necesserally because they're stupid, just because they don't think losing a game 'cause they were having fun will destroy the world as we know it. Only difference is : newbies do learn, bots don't.

So, i think bots should stay as they are.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Newbie
    I've never seen a bot wait and give ride to teamamtes but I've seen human players do the all the time. Bots can't simulate real human players unless bots have some learning AI.

A quick fix for what Piglet brought up is the server admins limit the number of bots than at least your chance to run into bots isn't that high.

The problem is those bots on manta or raptor will take off right away. Even you manage to have them get out, it won't help much while the vehicles are in the middle of nowhere.
    umm.. so how would you enter a vehicle mid-air then anyways ?
    the desciped problem was that bots would go into vehicles and when u enter them too, they wouldnt leave you to the 1st seat.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    bots its to simulate a real game situation
    I've never seen a bot wait and give ride to teamamtes but I've seen human players do the all the time. Bots can't simulate real human players unless bots have some learning AI.

A quick fix for what Piglet brought up is the server admins limit the number of bots than at least your chance to run into bots isn't that high.

you can kick bots out of the vehicle with [BOTPREFIX] GETOUT - works by console or VoIP.
    The problem is those bots on manta or raptor will take off right away. Even you manage to have them get out, it won't help much while the vehicles are in the middle of nowhere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: Re: EPIC: Bots, vehicles and the Use key

Originally posted by Sqube
    which is why I agree that it should be possible to kick bots out of the vehicle.
    you can kick bots out of the vehicle with [BOTPREFIX] GETOUT - works by console or VoIP.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: EPIC: Bots, vehicles and the Use key

Originally posted by Mostly_Harmless
    I don't think you should be able to kick the bots out of the seat. I mean when you use bots its to simulate a real game situation, but in a real game if someone is in the driver seat you can't kick them out. The same thing with number two. You aren't always going to get the vehicle of your choice when you first start the game. As I said before I think the main reason there are bots is to simulate a real game situation. When you play online you are not going to get everything you want (everyone knows that). Maybe they could adjust it with skill level so that it would be easier to learn. But I would have to give it a :down: for a permanet change.
    If the bots operated with even a modicum of sense, this wouldn't be a problem. But, as has been said earlier, the bots tend to just take the vehicles and go on joyrides. This is not representative of the online gaming community as a whole, which is why I agree that it should be possible to kick bots out of the vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [BOTPREIFX] GETOUT will make that bot get out of the vehicle. then u can get into the primary seat and if you want him on the secondary, use the signal horn.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: EPIC: Bots, vehicles and the Use key

Originally posted by Mostly_Harmless
    I don't think you should be able to kick the bots out of the seat. I mean when you use bots its to simulate a real game situation, but in a real game if someone is in the driver seat you can't kick them out. The same thing with number two. You aren't always going to get the vehicle of your choice when you first start the game. As I said before I think the main reason there are bots is to simulate a real game situation. When you play online you are not going to get everything you want (everyone knows that). Maybe they could adjust it with skill level so that it would be easier to learn. But I would have to give it a :down: for a permanet change.
    he....i always get my manta...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: EPIC: Bots, vehicles and the Use key

Originally posted by Piglet
    Hi All

This isn't an OMG EP!C PLZFIX - but something that's a little frustrating which a small tweek could improve:

Does anyone here have views on these two things?

1. If you're in a vehicle with bots, changing position in the vehicle causes a switch of seats with a bot. There really, really should be a change so that "using" a vehicle with a bot forces the bot in the primary seat "out".

2. Bots should spawn a second or two after the players. On many maps bots appear to spawn a couple of seconds before the players, guaranteeing that they get the mantas.

I think that these two small changes would make a big difference where there is a mix of bots and "real players".

Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yep ...

heck a player should be able to over ride any bot in any vhec... and if lets say its a one seater or all the seats are taken the bot is pushed out ....

Dum

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good idea. On certain maps, Nevermore for example, you get 2 bots driving the Goliath in circles. That means a lot of firepower is being squandered.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic EPIC: Bots, vehicles and the Use key

EPIC: Bots, vehicles and the Use key

Hi All

This isn't an OMG EP!C PLZFIX - but something that's a little frustrating which a small tweek could improve:

Does anyone here have views on these two things?

1. If you're in a vehicle with bots, changing position in the vehicle causes a switch of seats with a bot. There really, really should be a change so that "using" a vehicle with a bot forces the bot in the primary seat "out".

2. Bots should spawn a second or two after the players. On many maps bots appear to spawn a couple of seconds before the players, guaranteeing that they get the mantas.

I think that these two small changes would make a big difference where there is a mix of bots and "real players".

Thoughts?
Working...
X