RoboStorm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joepjens
    try to add another 7 by the port: <ip>:7777 that should work i guess.

EDIT: 24.163.21.143:7777 should it be than. I guess. Try it. Tell me if it works.
    that one works. slower than hell dl though...

Comment

Sorry about the slow download, probably a lot of people hitting the server tonight. Anyone want to mirror?

Comment

Played 5 matches or so , this mod is great, i love the dynamics, the balancing could be a bit tweaked but thats it really, enjoyed it loads ill go back to that server tomorrow

Comment

Great idea, great mod. There's some issues with aiming, while using the raptor character it's wings gets in the way of a zoomed in lightning gun, small stuff like that. You might want to consider using 1st person view instead of 3rd person when in robot mode, makes aiming in general a lot easier. The Hellbender's crosshairs do not move when in vehicle mode either, you probably know this already, but I'm just listing all the stuff I saw. Hopefully your mod team will be able to crank out some decent DM maps for this mod, the normal UT2004 maps really aren't big enough. Excellent work.

Comment

Thanks for playing, I left in the first person camera, you can access it with F4. I know about the aiming issue, it comes from moving the cameras up. I tried adjusting the aim to compensate but couldnt get it perfect. Hopefully by next version someone will answer this thread:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=409962

or maybe not.

I know the Deathmatch and Capture the flag maps are too small, what if in those game types I loaded up ONS maps, and had the powernodes taken out?

Comment

Ok well from the screenshots I can honestly say that I have one major gripe about the Robots. THE LEGS ARE TOO GODAMN SKINNY!
              Please please please please fix that and I would :heart: to play this mod!

Beergut--> Hows the "Transformation"
              Its gotta be pretty awesome for this mod to do well. Be careful with what sound is used, the more unique the better

I'm just itching to play this mod but since there are quite a few installation issues (from what I've seen here) and the main problem (Model Legs = too skinny) I'm gonna wait till a later version.

Comment

I haven't play it yet, but the picture of the manta robot is sweet!:up:
                V
                [shot]http://www.cyberspace-market.com/robostorm/media/manta.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Try downloading the zipped folders, the issue is with the flaky UMOD system altogether, which is pretty much out of our hands.

Comment

THIS MOD RULES!

Comment

Originally posted by CliffyB
                      THIS MOD RULES!
                      you heard THE MAN! it does rule :P

Comment

"Transform and roll out!"
                        Need Optimus Prime voicepack...NOW!

As the man himself says, this mod rules. :up:

One small gripe though (apart from what a few people have mentioned already)
                        There's no Leviathan robot! That **** would own everything
                        (I know I know, that's prolly the reason why it's not there...)

Comment

Tried it out online, plays well minus the aiming issues, still fun as hell. Another thing I noted was that instead of using a different binded key to transform you can just set it up to have the "Use" key to transform since you don't use it in this mod.

Comment

when in non vehical mode press f4 go into normal first person mode easy aiming .
                            One problem i feel is they all have the same armour :/ yet the manta dude runs really fast, i feel it would be better to have differences between the amount of health/armour each character gets :S.

Comment

Originally posted by bob12312133
                              when in non vehical mode press f4 go into normal first person mode easy aiming .
                              One problem i feel is they all have the same armour :/ yet the manta dude runs really fast, i feel it would be better to have differences between the amount of health/armour each character gets :S.
                              On that topic, I found that hte health keg doesn't really do much for you either. You're stuck at 200 health no matter what.

Comment

AntiTCC: [INSECURE CLIENT] UberBone - disallowed file(s) 'Goliathbot2004.utxHellbenderbot2004.utxMantabot20 04.utxRaptorbot2004.utxScorpionbot2004.utx'

Comment

Working...
                                X