• Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by WaiOwnsYou
    This comp is a Dell
    Well, there's your first problem

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well....I kinda had to take out the fans and heat sinks to get the old PS out and the new one in.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I thought you said you had to "cut corners.... literally". I don't like modifiying things from their original settings, for me, things like that usually explode, catch on fire, break, or cause a nuclear disaster. I wouldn't want to get pwned1!111onehundreandeleventhousandonehundredando ne!11!1!1!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sure why not, it would onlt cost like $30 for a PS and then 5 minutes to put it in

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ouch! I think I'll just go get a new computer and build it with an ASUS PC-DL Rev 3 Motherboard (Dual support for 2x Xeon HT processors). Anyways, this 3.06 GHz is bec0m1ng t3h n00b.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I got a power supply for newegg.com can't remeber the exact one but it was actualy a bit smaller than the dell one and it fit great but it was only a 400w not sure if a 450 would be any bigger though. It seemd the newer PS's are smaller than the old ones. One thing: If you get one be very very careful in putting it in as rubbing it on the case could damage it and it may not work (as there very sensitive)....I found this out the hard way.

Also I think any one a PS will work in any mobo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool. Can you tell me where to get a power supply compatible with a Dell Dimension 8250 that's over 480W? I been wanting to buy a GeForce 6800 Ultra, but my power supply is limiting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Soo wrong I upgraded my dell I just had to cut some corners. Literally.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, it's not that easy. This comp is a Dell, and it's almost impossible to upgrade since their power supply units are uniquely designed for their unique motherboards. Dell isn't really gamer-friendly!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Fatal Windows Error

Originally posted by WaiOwnsYou
    Power: 250W

Rip that thing out and put a 450W in there. You won't regret it.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Fatal Windows Error

Fatal Windows Error

Hi guys. Everytime I use the redeemer, Windows crashes. It only occurs when I have the redeemer, and only when I use its alt-function (manual aim). It's not like the game crashes, my whole OS shuts down (with a blue screen) and I have to literally press the power button to turn off my comp.

Personal Info:
    Game: Unreal Tournament 2004 (CD Edition)
    Mobo: Unknown Intel board with 533 FSB
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06 GHz HT, 512kb L2 Cache (x86)
    RAM: 1024MB/1GB (4x512MB) PC1066 RDRAM Non-ECC Samsung
    Video: Factory Overclocked BFG/nVidia GeForce FX 5700LE with 256 MB RAMDAC on AGP 4x
    Internet: 256kbps SBC/Yahoo ADSL
    Power: 250W

Little help? I never knew games could crash your operating systems!! I know I don't have a virus or any adware (I have adware/virus phobia and I check my computer on a daily basis!)
Working...
X