Digital Out!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    A Line In connection is not going to get you great recording quality. In most cases, the Line In will be an analog connection ... just good enough to retrieve audio from a walkman or other stereo amplified sources. DVD players are digital with more than two audio channels (usually 6 channels using DTS or Dolby 5.1) which is probably why you hear almost no bass.

The recommendation is only an assumption. I could be wrong although from the specs I see on that, it would work on some digital devices, like cameras. I don't know if it could work on DVD players though. If your Line In port is a digital line in, then it may work, otherwise, it'll be converted to an analog signal or may not work at all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't have an Audigy Drive, only the internal card. I don't seem to have an optical connection. I only have a Digital Out and a Line In.

The guy at radioshack sold me a Shielded Y-Adapter. But when i hooked it all up, the sound wasn't powerful at all. The there was absolutly no bass, and the quality was terrible.

Is the Shielded Audio cable you are recommending, Digital? Does that cord go from the Digital out on the DVD to the Digital Out on the soundcard?

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm guessing you need something like this:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=42%2D2444

but that's based one what I see in the back of my friend's Audigy card, unless you got an Audigy Drive for your Audigy card, then you probably need an optical SPDIF cord and not an RCA SPDIF connector but check your DVD player AND soundcard if it has a optical connection because optical cords are generally more expensive than coax.

/edit: BTW, most soundcard jacks are generally 1/8 connectors, just like walkmans and CD players ... although there are soundcards out there that have this kind of monstrosity attached to it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmmm.... better grab a sharp knife

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol,

i was just as suprised as you are. they had no transformer there from RCA to whatever the hell soundcard jacks are called.

hehe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    umm i might be wrong but im sure they have an adapter that will plug into the rca end to make it work with the sound card,,, if not play frankinstien and slice up some cables

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well, i purchased a digital audio cable there but it had two RCA cables on each end. I need one end that has RCA (for DVD) then the other that is a jack compatible with my souncard input.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you tried the digi out?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I went there today. The guy sold my some RCA cables, but the quality ended up being extremely poor. I wanted to try Digital Out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    radio shack has some nice adapters

oh and ya might get alot better sound chanelling it threw a reciever

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Digital Out!?

Digital Out!?

I currently have a Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer sound card with a Digital Out input on the back. I also have a Sony DVD player with a Digital Out input. Since my computer speakers are more powerful then my t.v speakers, i want to transfer the sound coming from my t.v onto my computer. I used the RCA cables then a input that went into my "line in" on my soundcard. The quality was poor. I was wondering what cable is it that i need to transfer from my DVD Digital Output to my Soundcard Digital Out?

I purchased a Digital Audio cable today but both ends are RCA. Do i need a Digital Audio cable with once end RCA then another that is soundcard compatible? Or is there another cable i'm not familiar with?

Thanks,
Working...
X