crosshair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crosshair

Anyone who know if it is posible to remove the crosshair in ut2k3? what is that comand to type? Im a old quaker and i started play whitout crosshair and now on ut2k3 i feel the crosshair is just in way. because if mess up my mind i dont know why but of some weird reason i play better whitout crosshair.

Should be a setting in the options to turn off crosshair.

Comment

Settings > Game > Crosshair > Hidden

Comment

thanx alot for your answers

Comment

You can also set the opacity of the crosshair, meaning that it will appear lighter if you want it to. You can even set it so low that it's barely noticeable. The colour can be modified as well.

All this is available in the options menu. I'd check it out if I were you.

Comment

Re: crosshair

Originally posted by smooked
            Anyone who know if it is posible to remove the crosshair in ut2k3? what is that comand to type? Im a old quaker and i started play whitout crosshair and now on ut2k3 i feel the crosshair is just in way. because if mess up my mind i dont know why but of some weird reason i play better whitout crosshair.
            It's not weird. I usually play with the "dot" crosshair, but many times it is invisible because of a similar background color... I could probably play just as well with it off, but I find the dot useful for zoomed headshots.

Comment

I second that. It's not weird at all. I find my aim with the Railgun is better in Quake 2 without a crosshair.

Of course, that may be because Q2s crosshair is innacurate, but I digress. However you want to play is cool by me.

Comment

I started play whitout crosshair because i thinked it could be a good way to train aim better. And it have helped me alot now i have much better controll over the screen and i dont longer concentrate on a crosshair to put in correct direction now i play whit feeling and it is a great feeling

Comment

play RO.
                  you cant use a crosshair in there

Comment

Re: Re: crosshair

Originally posted by CaptJackSparrow
                    It's not weird. I usually play with the "dot" crosshair, but many times it is invisible because of a similar background color... I could probably play just as well with it off, but I find the dot useful for zoomed headshots.
                    When spamming, you don't need crosshairs!

lol j/k

Comment

Re: Re: Re: crosshair

Originally posted by DarkMatrix

lol j/k
                      Ooookay. This is true, sort of. When I spam the forums I never use (or need) a crosshair.

Comment

While we're on the topic of aiming and crosshairs, I may as well tell you a strategy that often works well for me (when using crosshairs).

Instead of looking at where you want to shoot, then moving your crosshair to aim there, you should 1) place the crosshair where you think your target will be within a second 2) keep focused there until your target meets your crosshair 3) fire.

This makes accuracy more of a feat of reflexes, than hand/eye coordination.

That's just a tip, there are many ways of going about aiming.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: crosshair

Originally posted by CaptJackSparrow
                          Ooookay. This is true, sort of. When I spam the forums I never use (or need) a crosshair.
                          YO, Guaï:bulb:, dun feel special, no one uses crosshairs when posting

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: crosshair

YO, Guaï:bulb:, dun feel special, no one uses crosshairs when posting
                            Wha-? I wanna be special! :cry:

Comment

Re: Re: Re: crosshair

lol j/k
                              I would agree 100% and I am NOT joking. The only 2 weapons in this game that really need a crosshair are the Lightning Gun and the Shock. Every other weapon just requires a point and click since at that point your entire screen is the crosshair.

Comment

Working...
                              X