This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Epic really this desperate?

I think that a good way for Epic to respond to community requests and questions is to give explanations and motivations, but apparently Epic does not think so anymore. Not only do they not post here anymore, they also reward suggestions with WL points and close all threads that might be seen as negative.

Is Epic really this desperate? And if so, why?

I would hate if this behaviour from Epic means that we are going back to the Unreal SP days, when Epics support to the community was nonexistant, and every question and request was met with hostility. After all, they have behaved so well most of the time the last years.

/Kronon

PS: I wonder how many WL points I will get for this post?

Just one point - although one or two Epic people do have moderation priveleges, this board is run by Atari. I don't think Epic are doing much posting or moderating at the moment, they've got deadlines to meet.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor7
      Just one point - although one or two Epic people do have moderation priveleges, this board is run by Atari. I don't think Epic are doing much posting or moderating at the moment, they've got deadlines to meet.
      Yes I know, but I assume that this change in behaviour originates from Epic.

Its hardly a coincident that Epic stops responding to threads at the same time as this board becomes a playground for wannabe-dictators.

/Kronon

Comment

Kronon thouse "proposal" threads was simply flame bait from trolls (yes some wasn't but a majority was)

just BEHAVE and your WL would have been @ 0
        and in what way is Epic desperate? they are prolly bissy doing important stuff and dont spare time to answere flame threads with already coverd subjects

Comment

Stop spamming the forum with this **** Kronon, the quicker you get banned the better IMO. Do you moan about everything else in your life too?

Comment

Originally posted by Kronon
            a playground for wannabe-dictators.
            guess what?

Atari 0wn the servers, the bandwith & the vBulletin system etc

they can do what ever they please with their property

k?

Comment

Originally posted by Krille
              ... and in what way is Epic desperate?
              When you start to respond to feedback with 'violence' instead of explanations and motivations, I consider that a sign of desperation.

After all, if they could answer the recent feedback at this forums, they would. Its not like it takes a lot of time to explain (and hopefully remove some missunderstandings).

In either case, closing threads and giving WL just because they get feedback they don't like is pure and utter BS!

/Kronon

Comment

Yes I know, but I assume that this change in behaviour originates from Epic.

Its hardly a coincident that Epic stops responding to threads at the same time as this board becomes a playground for wannabe-dictators.

/Kronon
                Doesn't it occur to you that Epic is currently working on UT2k4 non-stop? Do you expect them to spend several hours a day posting on this forum while they could be fixing bugs, tweaking weapons, programming the Leviathan or cleaning up the UT2k4 looks?

Also, link to the closed threads please. No serious thread I've seen has recently been closed, yet I keep hearing all threads with suggestions get locked down...

Comment

BLAH BLAH BLAH....

/Kronon
                  I repeat, stop spamming the forum with this **** Kronon, the quicker you get banned the better IMO. Do you moan about everything else in your life too?

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                    Doesn't it occur to you that Epic is currently working on UT2k4 non-stop?
                    So listening to feedback and supporting the community is not part of their job? If thats the case, UT2004 is dead even before its released.

/Kronon

Comment

ffs Kronon the locked threads where not "feedback" they where pure and utter rants with no content worth anything to anyone

Comment

Re: Is Epic really this desperate?

I think that a good way for Epic to respond to community requests and questions is to give explanations and motivations, but apparently Epic does not think so anymore. Not only do they not post here anymore, they also reward suggestions with WL points and close all threads that might be seen as negative.

Is Epic really this desperate? And if so, why?

I would hate if this behaviour from Epic means that we are going back to the Unreal SP days, when Epics support to the community was nonexistant, and every question and request was met with hostility. After all, they have behaved so well most of the time the last years.

/Kronon

PS: I wonder how many WL points I will get for this post?
                        Epic doesnt care about their games now, they only care about licensing their engine.

They are defenitly a totally diffirent company now

Comment

So listening to feedback and supporting the community is not part of their job? If thats the case, UT2004 is dead even before its released.

/Kronon
                          Are you taking the p1ss?

How and in what way haven't they supported the community?, because they haven't made the game exactly how you wanted and refused to changes things to the way you want?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo2003
                            I repeat, stop spamming the forum with this **** Kronon, the quicker you get banned the better IMO. Do you moan about everything else in your life too?
                            eldiablo2003 it is easy for you to say things like that but for us other who have got wl points for nothing and who have see how they act so is it different. kronon have right i agree whit him about this and that you should respect.

Comment

Re: Re: Is Epic really this desperate?

Originally posted by Happy_Hamburger
                              Epic doesnt care about their games now, they only care about licensing their engine.

They are defenitly a totally diffirent company now
                              where does all this bs originate from?... cant understand why some ppl h8 epic so much...

i sence much anger in this one, oh yes indeed...

Comment

Working...
                              X