@Epic/DE please have a look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkMatrix
    Because some people don't like TTM, starting with me:up:.
    Also, the "competitive" aspect of the community is a mere fraction compared to the actual saturday-night playing community.
    Yea i know, i didnt like it either when it was released but playing some clanmatches with it changed my mind.
    (i still dont like the brightskins and hitsounds but tbh i dont care anymore)

Warmup is the best thing with TTM in my eyes.
    It gives you the ability to test the server with all guns making it easy to "get the feel" for it and notice any problems (ping,pl or server overload)
    And at the same time no scores are recorded making it impossible to have any confusion if the game has started or not, pure genious if you ask me

When it comes to the "competetive community" we have gotten a bad image here on this forum which is sad.

I have always compared it to soccer
    When i was a kid i played every evening at the back of the school with friends of all ages and only went home when it got dark.
    At some time (when i was 10-12) i joined the local Team and it was all different. Scoring or even making a good pass in a official match gave me an adrenaline kick never experienced before(ok we ran around like headless chickens but we had FUN! .

Some guys want to get to the highest Division and some want to get Pro, no harm in that.
    Back to UT, some guys get to be *******s on the way and maybe these are the ones that gives the "competetive community" a bad name?

Being competetive is not about being better than non clanners its about getting more fun out of a good game IMHO.

Here in Europe it doesnt look good at all.(in a CTF NW view)

Barrysworld is dead
    Jolt is dead
    Wireplay is dead (they manage to get one season running tho, well done :up: )
    ClanBase is the only one left and without them there would almost be no competetive community and no matter how you put it its a MAJOR bad thing.

Comment

are you afraid of adding warmup etc because of getting accused of stealing ideas from modders?

Not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Wowbagger
        Also, and dont take this the wrong way, are you afraid of adding warmup etc because of getting accused of stealing ideas from modders?
        That's just silly.
        Warming up is a part of real life, so modders certainly didn't invent it.
        Being afraid of that would be like being afraid of including vehicles in the game because it'd be stealing ideas, or even the basic weapons, or the aspect of fragging people.

Comment

Originally posted by Wowbagger
          ....Being competetive is not about being better than non clanners its about getting more fun out of a good game IMHO...
          That's not how it seems t0 work in practice though. The reason SNOUT finally quit clanbase was because we got tired of the regular abuse both during and after the game.

There weren't any clans left that just wanted to play a couple of games in an organised match - they were all out to show their uber-l33tness and skillz, complete with trash talk.

Heck, towards the end of our time at CB we found we were getting abuse if we killed players in the other clan, and getting abuse if we didn't.

The worst thing about it was that it wasn't isolated incidents, it was every game.

So, in my experience, being a "competative" clan is simply another term for "abusive to those of lesser skill" (SNOUT was never particularly good - we were too busy having fun).

Ofcourse, not all of the super-skilled clans we played were nasty - but that was the exception rather than the general rule.

Comment

Wheter or not, being competitive is fun, I'm saying that incorporating "pro" software (e.i. stuff so the competitions can be played l33t), shouldn't be a priority, because those clans are merly nothing to the market Epic has to reach for.
            I mean we shouldn't be changing the goop gun because one pro found it unbalanced...
            TTM can be good for others, but some of us just arn't interested. We've played it over and over (quite frankly too much ), but... what can I say? There is no interest/need. To me it's like opening up a debate over a request to remove one of the trees for DM-Antalus:bulb:

ON THE OTHER HAND, some CLAN tools, (maybe even a clan registration system, or incorporation to the stats; EPIC! PLZ, PLZ, PLZ!), would be somthing beneficial. That way, a strong clan-oriented community could emerge quickely and efficiently. Take Red Alert 2, for example, which had a system for managing clans within the game and the Westwood network. Great way to boost team-play.:up:

Still, don't forget, you'r average UTX player doesn't play more than a couple of hours per week, and focusing on inserting game elements for the minority is not the best way to attract customers.
            The way to go first is to make that minority a majority.

Comment

Originally posted by EntropicLqd
              That's not how it seems t0 work in practice though. The reason SNOUT finally quit clanbase was because we got tired of the regular abuse both during and after the game.

There weren't any clans left that just wanted to play a couple of games in an organised match - they were all out to show their uber-l33tness and skillz, complete with trash talk.

Heck, towards the end of our time at CB we found we were getting abuse if we killed players in the other clan, and getting abuse if we didn't.

The worst thing about it was that it wasn't isolated incidents, it was every game.

So, in my experience, being a "competative" clan is simply another term for "abusive to those of lesser skill" (SNOUT was never particularly good - we were too busy having fun).

Ofcourse, not all of the super-skilled clans we played were nasty - but that was the exception rather than the general rule.
              Yea we avoided CB for the same reasons more or less.
              But now we have no choice and to be honest it has turned out pretty good.

I guess the egos arent that big in Div3

Comment

Glad to hear they are getting these features in. I used to like TTM somewhat, untill they added that 1 grenade bull****. I cant beleive they actually caved in to those dumbasses whinning about the grendades being too powerful If you can successfully nail someone more than once with a grenade on purpose, then you have some major freaking skill, and deserve the kill you got.

Comment

Working...
                X