Gamespy stats are fallacious.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamespy stats are fallacious.

what they are reporting on the main stats page versus what adds up when you select a game to see what mods are being played do not come close to each other for most games reported. Gamespy seeks to gain what by reporting incorrect stats?

http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

I noticed that, too. Maybe Gamespy is just really bad at math.

Comment

Are the gamespy stats normally greater than or less than the actual count of players?

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, I understood what you were trying to say.

That is odd. :weird:

Comment

Its Gamespy, the biggest online sellout there is...

Pay them enough money and they will make the stats say whatever you want them to say.

Comment

the stats give ********? *rubs chin* wonder how that works...

Comment

Originally posted by {BL}Berserker
            the stats give ********? *rubs chin* wonder how that works...
            ::drops trou::

(Schwarzenegger voice) Heah. Let me show you.

Comment

ive just done a quick tally and they seem accurate, maybe u guys need to remove filters?

Comment

Originally posted by ->@nh@r@t<-
                ive just done a quick tally and they seem accurate, maybe u guys need to remove filters?
                Really? Well the number of UT2004 players has been 4052 since last night. And they all don't add up filters or no. Filters? what the heck are you talking about anyway.

Comment

7. Battlefield: Vietnam, 1965 servers, 4628 players
                  Apparently only conquest and a little bit of co-op is played, adding up to 3009 players.

8. Unreal Tournament 2004, 3401 servers, 4052 players
                  Adding up all gametypes shows me 2768 players.

9. Medal of Honor Allied Assault, 2569 servers, 3771 players
                  Adding up the gametypes shows 3979 players.

That doesn't make any sense... I could explain GS showing less players in the gametype area (custom gametypes not being accounted for, for example), but MORE? :bulb:

Well, I guess this, as much as anything, shows us how incredibly inaccurate (or at least incomprehensably weird) gamespy's stats are. One theory though would be that player counts 'hang' when they switch gametype. Yesterday I played a bit of MOHAA Spearhead on a housemates' PC (I still don't have my own there) and apparently it's very easy and usual to switch gametypes on a server like mad in that game. This, however, fails to explain how UT2k4 and BFV have lower playercounts in the gametypes than the total.

Comment

They still count the bots as players in UT2004.

Comment

GSA blows the big one unless you pay for all the extra ****, i had a hacked paid account and it wasn't so bad

i mean..... i DIDNT have a hacked gsa account.....

Comment

Originally posted by SealClubber
                        They still count the bots as players in UT2004.
                        Oh yes. That totally explains why the numbers don't match for other games.

On a more serious note, no, Gamespy no longer counts all servers running bots as players. They're only counted if there is also a human player in the server or has been since the end of the last match.

Comment

it counts mods too. Red Orchesta, Frag Ops, SAS.

Comment

Working...
                          X