Battle for the Galaxy: Unreal Tournament 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the world of Unreal Tournament, Corporations rules the universe. Since Corporations are businesses, not armies, they must hire Mercenary Armies. Players will join a Mercenary Army and be assigned to one of that army''s divisions. Within the actual army, the command structure follows any of a normal army of the 20th century. However, it's the Corporation that runs the army and that's where it gets interesting. The CEO makes all the decisions. However, he musn't ignore the Board of Directors, because doing so will result in miscalculations and the end of the war. Combining the civilian ranks of a business and the army ranks of the mercenaries, Battle for the Galaxy: Unreal Tournament 2004 offers new and exciting ways to
    enjoy this game.

Players will join a Mercenary Army and be assigned to one of that army's divisions. Each army will have a commanding officer whose job it is to make strategic decisions on where his divisions will fight, and once or twice a week the divisions will fight battles with the opposing army on maps representing the territory being fought for. The progress of the war is displayed on a strategy map where territories change color based on which army controls them. These battles are not just little one hour clan matches. They're full-fledged battles each lasting 12 hours, during which time players may come and go, so that you may play as much or as little as you please.

Units coordinate using the Battle for the Galaxy TeamSpeak server during battle and plan ahead for each battle in their Division's forum. Ranks are based on merit and commitment. Do your job and you can rise on up and might even get the chance to lead 40-75 guys to victory or defeat. Best of all, orders are followed and everyone follows the plan! This tournament is free and open to all, so enlist today!

sounds like it has a lot of potential :up:

Comment

Sounds like too much Politics and not enough shooting

Comment

I agree with Gh3t7o_N!nj4, nice concept and it fits the UT theme.. BTW: You don't specify the game type... I assume it's TDM... please clarify.

PS: Bump.

Comment

You could have just bumped this http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...for+the+galaxy

Comment

kinda reminds me of shattered galaxy..same basis lol

http://www.sgalaxy.com/status.html

how about making it have say some variation of UTRPG..so that as you play your character can improve..not so much that it makes it uneven..but enough to give a certain advantage?

Comment

Originally posted by --]crUsh[--
              I agree with Gh3t7o_N!nj4, nice concept and it fits the UT theme.. BTW: You don't specify the game type... I assume it's TDM... please clarify.

PS: Bump.
              Onslaught for now...later on mixing in Assault...

Comment

what server is it on, or is it a mod or something?

Comment

The Tournaments hosts the Servers...so all you have to do is register and play on the battle days Wednesday and Saturday...of course there is a public server that will be open throughout the week...

Comment

Working...
                  X