Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neoflame
    Enlighten us subscription-embargoing folk as to why, please
    I see it as ok, but it still has some major flaws.

Up there is going faster on jetpack than in fighter, and the shotgun being useless, and the mothership sucking.

Comment

Re: FP Suscriber: It's worth the money

Originally posted by Virax
      Yeah, I just got it. Wow. Fileplanet looks really nice without all the ads, and jeezahs; I'm getting 125kbps down steady on the Tr:V beta at the moment, where my maximum down EVER on anything else was 90kbps steady. In the past, I always figured... "Why pay simply so I don't have to wait, when I can find another server?"

Well, it's more than no wait - though that is a really, really nice convenience. It's the servers... they're CRAZY nice. Much, much faster than the public servers. Getting exclusive betas and demos is quite the bonus, too.

Of course, not everyone can afford it, but if you ever consider it, keep in mind that they're worth it - at least as far as I'm concerned. At the moment, I've got a year's worth without paying, as I do news for PU. Before this, I never would have thought of paying for FP, but if I can afford it when the year runs out (It's cheap, but I'll still probably be a dirt-poor college freshman... as opposed to being a dirt-poor hs senior), I'm now willing to start to shell out cash for it. 8D

Just a head's up.
      :up:

Comment

fileplanet has ads?

Forgot about that...I think at this point I blocked every ad company in existance...
        (Firefox + Adblock plugin rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by BMSMCMAM
          Fileplanet is worth the subscription.
          Yes, paying for something you can get for free is always worth it.

The only people who need Fileplanet are the people who a) Can't wait an hour or three for someone to put up a "Fileplanet exclusive" (like a version of Desert Combat or Red Orchestra 24 hours ahead of time) download elsewhere, or b) Don't know where to look for something.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FP Suscriber: It's worth the money

Originally posted by ^OMFG!!
            I have 6016/608 SWBELL DSL.
            What do you pay for that, if you don't mind my asking?

Comment

Originally posted by KaneRobot
              Yes, paying for something you can get for free is always worth it.

The only people who need Fileplanet are the people who a) Can't wait an hour or three for someone to put up a "Fileplanet exclusive" (like a version of Desert Combat or Red Orchestra 24 hours ahead of time) download elsewhere, or b) Don't know where to look for something.
              Have you read this thread at all? Blah. I hate repeating myself, but I'll do it again. I think paying for it is worth it because I'm getting download speeds I can't get elsewhere for free, and exclusives I can't get without the subscription. (Though Krille by his lonesome apparently can.) Oh, and I never mentioned a mod that will soon be released as an exclusive deal that's worth paying for, so why are you even talking about that?

I'm sorry Krille, but I simply cannot agree with you. Sure, there is always a way around deals such as these, but:
              • Even if it's already been done, it's very hard to do and/or find. Trust me, I tried.
              • While you apparently can bypass this entire thing, the vast majority of people are unable to get and play the exclusive Tr:V without a subscription.
              I don't mean to pull the age-old "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" routine, but really. Is there a point to posting all of these negative outlooks toward the service, when you aren't being forced to use it? If don't want to use it, don't. But please, simply allow people to make their own decisions. If they think it's worth it, they'll purchase it if they can. If they don't, they won't. It's simple as that.

I hope no offense is taken, as sometimes my debating of a point can be misinterpreted as an attack on a person, as opposed to simply being highly in constrast with their point of view. I find it's best to eliminate such misunderstandings before they happen.

Now, I'm finished debating about this. I'll finish up by letting you know that I've stated my opinion not as advertisement, but as a 'customer' attempting to possibly assist others, by relaying my experiences with FilePlanet.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer
                Well, that's one hurdle taken care of. Now to commit credit card fraud.
                well if you still live with your parents you could take a look at you dad's

not to give u any ideas or anything

or beg

^--- hey it works for me

Comment

Originally posted by Virax
                  I'm sorry Krille, but I simply cannot agree with you. Sure, there is always a way around deals such as these, but:
                  • Even if it's already been done, it's very hard to do and/or find. Trust me, I tried.
                  • While you apparently can bypass this entire thing, the vast majority of people are unable to get and play the exclusive Tr:V without a subscription.
                  That doesn't mean it's still easyer than walking.... If you know where to go. You wount find this stuff on KaZaA

Comment

Who uses Kazaa anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by EX1LE
                      Who uses Kazaa anymore?
                      People horribly little in the know

Comment

I pay for FP - have done for 2 years. It is cheap $50(£30) for a year. and its convenient. They have EVERYTHING, as well as the cool offers and exclusives you get. Even got a free copy of Splinter Cell. They also have wicked fast servers - even from the states (Im UK). If I need a patch or map even for older games they have it. Also have lots of other stuff there when you take the time to look. Like a kid in a candy store for me.

This is all coming from a person who has Emule running 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by p0rny^
                          This is all coming from a person who has Emule running 24/7.
                          Emule is one of my least favorit p2p apps/networks. Imo it's almost as bad as KaZaA.

I only get modem speeds on it and it's hard to find stuff..

Comment

This is just one of those situations that pops up again and again in life:

CHOICE A: Pay for the service and get things easily

CHOICE B: Put the effort in yourself one way or another and achieve the same result yourself but at the cost of time and convenience.

Of course, the degrees of each choice change frequently but it's just a decision people are free to make.
                            Plus, I'm not bothered who makes which decisions as long as you're all just happy, WHY CAN'T WE JUST BE FRIENDS :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by MrWotsit
                              WHY CAN'T WE JUST BE FRIENDS :cry:
                              Becuse you cant argue with friends in the same fashion

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                                paying for what are free downloads never made sense to me...
                                ding ding ding ding ding!

We have a winnar! I was waiting to see if someone would post that.

Comment

Working...
                                X