FP Suscriber: It's worth the money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FP Suscriber: It's worth the money

Yeah, I just got it. Wow. Fileplanet looks really nice without all the ads, and jeezahs; I'm getting 125kbps down steady on the Tr:V beta at the moment, where my maximum down EVER on anything else was 90kbps steady. In the past, I always figured... "Why pay simply so I don't have to wait, when I can find another server?"

Well, it's more than no wait - though that is a really, really nice convenience. It's the servers... they're CRAZY nice. Much, much faster than the public servers. Getting exclusive betas and demos is quite the bonus, too.

Of course, not everyone can afford it, but if you ever consider it, keep in mind that they're worth it - at least as far as I'm concerned. At the moment, I've got a year's worth without paying, as I do news for PU. Before this, I never would have thought of paying for FP, but if I can afford it when the year runs out (It's cheap, but I'll still probably be a dirt-poor college freshman... as opposed to being a dirt-poor hs senior), I'm now willing to start to shell out cash for it. 8D

Just a head's up.

Re: Re: FP Suscriber: It's worth the money

Originally posted by joepjens
    tribes vengenance (sp?) You cant post about other games here
    I'm not - I'm posting about a service for gamers in general. And as a quick blurb, I believe it's the MP beta. However, off that topic. I don't want WL. ;P

Comment

Re: FP Suscriber: It's worth the money

first off, thanks for the heads up on T:V.

Secondly, i've been subscribed for 2 years now, and i can't even imagine going back. I now ALWAYS go to a fileplanet link if there is one, because its just a quality hosting site when you factor out slow dl speeds and lines.

On a related note, for a couple seconds at the start of a download from FP just now, i surpassed 1MB/s on a 2mbps cable line. Averaging 376kb/s now.

Comment

Thanks for contributing to the demise of free file servers. :cry:

BTW, sharing is caring. Care to share your FP membership?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: FP Suscriber: It's worth the money

start is always higher than the rest of youre download, man I wish I was a subscriber for 1 day, just for the tribes vengenaence beta demo
          i've been averaging 375kb/s since that post. I usually get around 200.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FP Suscriber: It's worth the money

Nice, now pm me youre username+pass so i can dl tribes :up:
            I won't do that. But check your PMs.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: FP Suscriber: It's worth the money

Originally posted by Turbidity
              i've been averaging 375kb/s since that post. I usually get around 200.
              Is that it? Oh well, nvm then. I usually get around 650kb/s.

Comment

Fileplanet is worth the subscription. They're always giving out free betas and games for reduced prices. I joined it just for the Anarchy Online: Shadowlands beta, and been with it ever since.

Btw, T:V sucks. It won't take you more then 20 minutes in-game to figure out why.

Comment

Originally posted by ^OMFG!!
                  Something tells me you have a little better connection than a cable line.

Comment

Originally posted by BMSMCMAM
                    Fileplanet is worth the subscription. They're always giving out free betas and games for reduced prices. I joined it just for the Anarchy Online: Shadowlands beta, and been with it ever since.

Btw, T:V sucks. It won't take you more then 20 minutes in-game to figure out why.
                    Enlighten us subscription-embargoing folk as to why, please

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FP Suscriber: It's worth the money

Originally posted by Turbidity
                      Something tells me you have a little better connection than a cable line.
                      Nah, just measly DSL here. Nothing to write home about.

Comment

You got me, i've been playing for 3 days now and i'm having a blast. Tribes takes a lot of skill to play. You don't see people in tribes going on 30 kill rampages, its just too hard. But ****, its fun. It's like ONSx10, i recomend you all to try it either by FP or other means. Its awesome and i'm deffinatly gonna pick it up when it comes out.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FP Suscriber: It's worth the money

dsl is faster than cable here
                          Same here in some locations, but not all. Depends on area/service/etc. I have 6016/608 SWBELL DSL. *** - the cable company here - only offers 3000/256 currently, but they are upgrading all the time.

Comment

I'd get FP subscriber if I had the means for sending them the money... Having no credit card makes it difficult. Haven't even bothered to check to see if being Canadian will throw another hurdle in my way, :sour:

Comment

Originally posted by ^OMFG!!
                              Thats nothing to brag about. That comes out to 81.25 kB/s.

I get 500-600 kB/s.

Comment

Working...
                              X