Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Deacon's 1000th post Extravaganza (prize giveaway)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    well, i just used my "flame coupon" look for my post in the following thread:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=411255

enjoy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    2 more posts , omfg time for some serious spammage

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ****... how does one reach teh 1000th post Nirvana! I want whatever job you have! Congrats man!! {oops} gotta go, bosses coming, must do more work... Spent too much time looking at that avatar....urgghh

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow i just realised i was staring at that lol pic for over 4 minutes before i looked away

(i know that because i started a download, clicked to this window, and the dl said 4 mins, and i looked when i heard the *poing* thingy that it was done)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cat, theres a car alarm going on outside my window, and every time one L goes to the top it goes wee and when it gets to the bottom it goes woo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CaTdAeMoN
    200 posts!

mesmerizing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    im only 930 posts away ill still make it to 1000 before the next guy... 9i think

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ffs, i'm only 7 posts away from the 1000th :sour:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd make a guess at around 3-4 hours. Not really sure cos I started off doing little bits here and there when I realised I was near 1000 posts and then finished it off last night in about 2 hours or something.

And thankyou btw

======================

The_Deacon prods Sphinx in the eye with a pointy stick :weird::up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that wallpaper is hot :up:

how long did it take you to make that? =O

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey mate, sorry for the late reply been busy and overlooked this thread

congwatuwations with your 1000th post \o/

and use the coupon?

Originally posted by The_Deacon
    /me gives Sphinx a complimentary 'Flame The_Deacon coupon' to redeem at any time but you must explicitly state when you use it. It expires in 30 days. Use it wisely.

*Note: these are hard to come by, I don't give them out to just anyone in just any situation.
    that one? no way im gonna use that one yet ;> would be a waste

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Congrats m8.
    Nicely done.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    grats my painting friend.If you want some fun take a look at the video in my sig

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FireCrack
    Code:
    if ( deacon.bDontLikeCodeSkillz() )
    {
        utilisecodeskillz()
    }
    Oh and sorry to hijack, but neo, do you think it's better to learn C# over c++?
    It really depends on what you're coding for. If it's just going to be Windows-only (well, Windows-focused) utilities and such, then you could go for C#. Also, C# has more "built-in" functionality (it comes with regular expression handling, for example, as well as built-in code security. And there's SharpDevelop if you want an easy, free way to do Windows Forms, with no comparable product for C++.) On the other hand C++ is still more portable across platforms (if you want it to be), faster (which you won't really notice with utilities, but comes into play for, say, large databases or video games ) and more functional (you get a lot of what would be disallowed or restricted in C#, such as pointers (considered "unsafe code" in C#.)) And if you want to do game programming, be aware that pretty much every game nowadays is written in a mix of C/C++/occasionally some assembly. (On the other hand UScript seems to be based off of Java...) Also keep in mind that C# needs a wonderfully annoying .NET framework. (Assuming you're doing C#.NET, of course, which you should be if you're going to do C# at all.)

TBH, if I was going to start off with a language I'd start off with C++. It's a good balance between C's old-fashioned procedural programming and C#'s icky Windows/MS invasion/VB'ness. I actually learned C++ a few years back and am mostly learning C# to do utilities like a UT .zip file installer and such There's no way C# is going to eliminate C++ anytime soon, especially seeing as how C++ hasn't even really supplanted plain old C yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X