Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Red Orchestra: What a stinker!

Originally posted by [FnG] Lazz
    Nope, instead you told not to even try it
    Ill say it again..

The MOD sucks. Dont try it.

While Im at it..
    IG and ONS sucks. No one can play those anymore.
    And you all have to send me a PM with your creditcard info and account numbers.

Hell since you are all going to listen, you will all unite under my banner and become my warrior slaves! I will lead you all in taking over the world and keep it safe from personal opinions!!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Red Orchestra: What a stinker!

Originally posted by : DX :-THeGAME
      Hell since you are all going to listen, you will all unite under my banner and become my warrior slaves! I will lead you all in taking over the world and keep it safe from personal opinions!!
      ROFL!:haha: :up:

Comment

hmm reminds me of that shaunagun l4m3r who spammed the atari forums not too long back

Comment

Originally posted by FineWolf
          Well, I must say that your point of view is biased. Number 1, America's Army is a realism game, but still with an arcade fell to it. RO removed that fell so that it looks like you are actuly on the field fighting. So your soso dynamics of realism isn't true, as RO is what the designers call an ultra-realistic game.
          RO if anything is Arcade-ish where AA is more simulation. Nothing RO about it gives me a feeling of emersion. In AA I jump when a grenade goes off or someone comes around a corner. I get a feeling of urgency to keep up with team mates and complete the objectives..
          AA is currently running the UT2k3 engine and will be upgrading to the UT2k4 engine sometime..

Just to make Eep happy, lets go with Tactical Ops instead. The last version I played of that was the first beta release. While the maps left alot to be desired It still had a more realistic feel to it. RO reminds me of UT with realistic weapons and nerfed movement. Jungle Warfare was a bit better than TacOps with its first beta. Im going to check out the next build of TacOps when it comes out. Looks like the maps have improved alot.

As for your WR, give it a cookie too.

And Ill be happy to meet ya in battle in AA anytime. Im only about a month old, but Im spunky!

Comment

the point is , its overhyped, the rating points/stars dont reflect peoples experiences with it

the majority of mod testing players dont seem to like it, in contradiction of the all the great marks and reviews it gets

warning people for taking so much time in a dl and getting disappointed isnt wrong, overhypening it , that is wrong

Comment

You cant say something is completly realistic until youve done what the game depicts.

Comment

RO is teh *****!!! LOL

Actually yeah, I really do like this mod, i like how you can't just jump out there and start fireing, you have to be sneaky your you get your *** shot. And i also like the no crosshair, you have to use the sights, like in real life....you cant just hold a rifle out with one arm, look the other way and hope to hit something other than whatever's right infront of you.

Comment

Originally posted by mr bubble
                  i dont like it either, after giving it a 30 min try (short but long enough) i removed it!

i couldnt evend dodge (maybe they changed it?)

anyway on all terrains/aspects i didnt like it= main reason= it doesnt resemble ut enough, and in that case i prefer games like mohaa or cod more......;
                  They did quite well if it's not like UT at all. Mods don't have to be anything like UT. I'm sure they took out dodge as it's not really realistic.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Red Orchestra: What a stinker!

Originally posted by [FnG] Lazz
                    Nope, instead you told not to even try it
                    He's offered a review ... a negative one - this is a perfectly natural and valid way of expressing it. It's no different than saying "this movie is a must see ... go see it now!" or "Avoid this turkey like the plague, wait for the video release". TheGame offered reasons for his conclusions and therefore anybody reading is free to make up their minds. You're getting stuck on a technicality, and not even a valid one - give it up

Comment

RO if anything is Arcade-ish where AA is more simulation. Nothing RO about it gives me a feeling of emersion. In AA I jump when a grenade goes off or someone comes around a corner. I get a feeling of urgency to keep up with team mates and complete the objectives..
                      AA is currently running the UT2k3 engine and will be upgrading to the UT2k4 engine sometime..

Just to make Eep happy, lets go with Tactical Ops instead. The last version I played of that was the first beta release. While the maps left alot to be desired It still had a more realistic feel to it. RO reminds me of UT with realistic weapons and nerfed movement. Jungle Warfare was a bit better than TacOps with its first beta. Im going to check out the next build of TacOps when it comes out. Looks like the maps have improved alot.

As for your WR, give it a cookie too.

And Ill be happy to meet ya in battle in AA anytime. Im only about a month old, but Im spunky!
                      Now, I must say that in the way you are explaining it now, it does look better. You may not like the movement style and such, but that is your point of view, and I respect it.

As of Tactical Ops, this is another game I play alot, currently in a clan for it called STK. Personally, I'm not having the same felling when playing TO beside RO, maybe because of the poly count and the fact that you don't have ironsights, but that is just me.

http://www.nato-ladder.com/clan_page.php?cid=1028

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Red Orchestra: What a stinker!

Originally posted by coldplasma
                        hmm reminds me of that shaunagun l4m3r who spammed the atari forums not too long back
                        My other persona is HS SPoT, and its about 6mo older than yours.
                        If you were trying that whole been here so long and seen this and that thing...

Duff..
                        No, I wasnt in the military. Im a Military Brat, and have had some experiance with weapons. I can also walk, run, aim, fire from the hip, ect.
                        I find it real enough...

A fellow clan member was a Ranger for 8yrs and has used all of them and he is blown away by AA. If I put RO on his PC, hed say WTF is this?

Bsides, to counter the point, I doubt the Devs have much experiance with the weapons they are creating, nor the time unless they are 80yr olds. So we are even on that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Psyk
                          They did quite well if it's not like UT at all. Mods don't have to be anything like UT. I'm sure they took out dodge as it's not really realistic.
                          if they make a fps mod, it can be nice for people who dont have other games then ut.

if u do have cod or mohaa, well u wont like the mod bc it isnt as good as those games (logical)

In my opinion a mod should stay close to the original game , for ex. jailbreak
                          OR
                          be something totally different like unreal annihilation (i like it as much as i liked the original annihilation game)

Red Orchestra is for me a mod that lies between those options, and despite all the work that is put in it, well i can not like it........

Comment

If you read between the lines, he says that there is no way this could be realistic since he can't hit ****, and dies constantly.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Red Orchestra: What a stinker!

Originally posted by Senger
                              If you read between the lines, he says that there is no way this could be realistic since he can't hit ****, and dies constantly.
                              Now thats original..
                              Have a goat!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Red Orchestra: What a stinker!

...The weapon models arent exactly set up for no crosshair. A few of them point at a 45deg angle, and away from where the rounds go.
                                You do know that you need to tap the 'iron sights'-button before you can use the sights ?
                                Or that you need to deploy the machinegun before you can use its sights (that's why it's pointed at a 45deg angle compared to all the other guns) ?

By design, they arent ment for accuracy and precision. They are designed to deliver a large amont of firepower to a certain point so they dont have to be accurate.
                                That merely applies to machineguns. And those you definitely can use without the iron sights. At least at the distances they're meant to be used that is.

Since they dont have a burst/single selection (or one I could find anyway) using the ironsite is usless.
                                the fact that there's no burst/single selection might be because historically those guns didn't have such options ...

A few other things I didnt like about the game.
                                No options to shorten the wait time after dying.
                                sure there is ... don't get killed too often.

Yes there is, for practice anyway..
                                Perhaps you've got a different mod, but the one I've got (RO v3.0) does not support bots in instant-action.
                                Sure they'll spawn ...
                                And on some of the old maps they may even attempt to find the enemy and shoot their guns.
                                They certainly don't know how to complete the objectives except by sheer chance (RO-Berlin for example).

That's not bot-support IMHO.
                                The team even says so (using the age-old ' but it is multiplayer u n00b' as an excuse).

Comment

Working...
                                X