Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didnt even notice i hadnt a crosshair I download the RO but there were noone playing the patch I (latest beta) during a weeks period so its removed pity

Comment

i really think its one of that over hyped mods that want to make u believe u have to like it or.......

there are much better mods out there, but hey if u like it, enjoy it!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Red Orchestra: What a stinker!

Originally posted by [FnG] Lazz
        ..and you say I have a childish outbursts

I haven't countered it because I dont have an opinion on it as I haven't tried it out yet. I just believe that just cause you dont like it doesnt mean you have the right to tell others they wont like it

..yet another childish outburst
        .Pwnt

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Red Orchestra: What a stinker!

Originally posted by [FnG] Lazz
          [BI haven't countered it because I dont have an opinion on it as I haven't tried it out yet. I just believe that just cause you dont like it doesnt mean you have the right to tell others they wont like it [/B]
          Oh Im quite sure others will like it as they have already posted and its gotten such high marks.
          Makes me scratch my head, but ok..

And I havent told anyone they cant like it, what I said was..

If you havent tried this yet, dont.
          If you want to anyway, go ahead, but I warned ya!

Ive also told people not to try a few other things, but Im not holding a gun or anything. Do what you want. But there is my honest review after playing much better MODS that get way less credit. People can judge for themselves, but they still read reviews. Maybe RO will get a few more people trying it out after this. Good for it. Can it keep them is the question..

Any other opinion about it is welcome..

As for the other stuff..
          The first one was a question, the second was a request and an observation.

Comment

Here's what I think off all this...

I tried RO. Hell, I even tried to like it. I just couldn't. After playing AA a lot, the lack of real realism in RO really got me down. And I couldn't play it as an "unrealistic" shooter as well (grab a gun and just shoot); Call Of Duty does it way better (on a full server, close quarters and lots of mashine guns make for some excelent fast paced gameplay).

Also, I got a bad impression that RO is very "newb-unfriendly". It took me a lot of time till I figured out how everything works (perhaps it's just a matter of making a better help file).

Anyway, I deleted it in the end, and haven't played it since.

Please note: these are my personal opinions. You may or may not agree with them. If you do, good, if yuou don't... still fine.

Comment

well made but not to my taste

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Red Orchestra: What a stinker!

Originally posted by : DX :-THeGAME

And I havent told anyone they cant like it
                Nope, instead you told not to even try it

Comment

America's Army.. More realistic than Red Orchestra?? Good one! :haha:

Comment

Re: Re: Red Orchestra: What a stinker!

Originally posted by JaFO(JBE)
                    I do ... because at least it's not the Krauts vs Yankees at Normandy that any other WW2-based mod has ...
                    So they may not have chosen an original background (it's WW2), but at least they've not chosen to re-visit the same old boring yankees and France ...
                    Thats true. It is a fresh approach. I just dont find the battles on that front very interesting.

that model in front of you is the crosshair ... sure it obscures half of your screen, but that is the ff-ing point of the idea.
                    The weapon models arent exactly set up for no crosshair. A few of them point at a 45deg angle, and away from where the rounds go.
                    How's that ?
                    By design, they arent ment for accuracy and precision. They are designed to deliver a large amont of firepower to a certain point so they dont have to be accurate. Since they dont have a burst/single selection (or one I could find anyway) using the ironsite is usless.
                    Why would you need 'options' except for the ones that UT2k4 gives you by default ?
                    The minimalist hud adds to the atmosphere ... (if it were me I'd kill the scoreboard as well)
                    A few other things I didnt like about the game.
                    No options to shorten the wait time after dying.
                    The game starts and is running while you select your player and set up.
                    No way to adjust the practice rounds for more players.

btw :
                    you forgot the fact that there is no bot-support at all ...
                    Yes there is, for practice anyway..

Comment

I found RO very boring, but hey its an opinion.

I prefer the faster paced action of FO.

Comment

Originally posted by [gen2]Imek
                        America's Army.. More realistic than Red Orchestra?? Good one! :haha:
                        Wow.

:weird:

Comment

Mods can feel like this after getting a hard slapping, dont let it stop you trying them out.

DX would probably not like your taste in tunes/art/women/bla/bla/bla either.

Comment

Originally posted by slipster
                            well made but not to my taste
                            Yep I got that feeling too.
                            When I got in the tank as a gunner for the first time it was fun.
                            Sniping people is fun too but its just not my style. I had RO 2.0 and that was fun for a while. After that I just uninstalled it due to the fact that there were only a few Euro servers (some no where near full) and the lag was pretty bad. I played RO 3.0 theres still a fair amount of lag at times.
                            Also, WW games kinda **** me off nowadays since that seems to be the only thing people are playing. TBH I find them kinda boring. Its been 60~ years! Get over it ffs! Oh and its even more ironic that more Americans are playing this MOD -.-

I'm sticking with UT2k4 gameplay.

Great job on RO, but its just not my taste.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Red Orchestra: What a stinker!

Originally posted by : DX :-THeGAME
                              Yes there is, for practice anyway..
                              The bots aren't really playable. On most maps, they can't even find their way out of their spawn areas..

Comment

Well, I must say that your point of view is biased. Number 1, America's Army is a realism game, but still with an arcade fell to it. RO removed that fell so that it looks like you are actuly on the field fighting. So your soso dynamics of realism isn't true, as RO is what the designers call an ultra-realistic game.

The only gripe I have about RO is the fact that they have lowpoly models for players, but that won't stop me from awarding it a WR this week (starting again, wanted to take vacations from writing).

Edit: I do play AA: Downrage and RO constantly, so I know what I'm talking about here... And when the hell will AA have model based ironsights instead of shader ones .

Comment

Working...
                                X