This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Orchestra: What a stinker!

Well I spent the hour to d/l the thing, so Ill take a minute to rant the sour taste outta my mouth...

First off, The thing that held me back this long from downloading it..

1. Germans vs. Russians...
    Who Cares!!!
    Lets not glorify the situation. Winter defeated the Nazi threat to Russia. Hell, Napoleon took Moscow and winter defeated him too.
    This storyline is about as interesting as the Olympics..

2. Gameplay/Physics..
    Horrible.
    If you want to see how a realistic FPS should be done, Take a look at Americas Army. Whats so bad about it? Everything. Nuff said.

2a. The reasoning behind no crosshairs?
    Look. Sure, there are no floating crosshairs in real life. But this aint real life. There is no way to judge where the rounds are going to go as you can in real life. Put a dot or smething out there. To add, you really arent supposed to use the sights on half of the weapons anyway.

3. Visuals/Sound.
    Ok, these are some of the best maps I have seen, and the ambiant noises fit perfectly. Great friggin job there!

The weapon details are awsome, and they sound great.
    The float due to breathing needs alot of work though.

Thats where it ends.
    The charactor models are made well, but thier cartoon apperance ruins it.. Once again, see Americas Army.

4. Interface/Options.
    Bla.
    Interface is minimal and the options are non exhistant.

Now this is a first impression, but Im so disappointed after all of the "Best MOD Ever" hype, it not really going to get a second. This MOD isnt half as good as Americas Army, or even JW or TacOps for gameplay. I guess the devs desurve a round for the effort, but I dont see what the fuss is about. The saving grace for this MOD are the fantastic mappers working on the project.

If you havent tried this yet, dont.
    If you want to anyway, go ahead, but I warned ya!

(I know, I know, Make my own MOD then :bulb: )

Re: Red Orchestra: What a stinker!

Jesus christ its you again, go away stupid troll.
    I think you fully know why the hell there are no crosshairs in RO, but you just want to troll.
    Pathetic that you're trying to discourage others now not to download this mod, which is in my opinion awesome. You might not like it, thats fine you're entitled to your opinion but bashing it this way and discouraging others is just fvcking low.

Comment

Originally posted by : DX :-THeGAME

If you havent tried this yet, dont.
      If you want to anyway, go ahead, but I warned ya!

Eh look, its the person who not only nicked his nickname from a wrestler, but clan name and motto too.

Just a word of warning people, this is his opinion only. Dont rely on others to tell you what you will and wont like.

Comment

It's all a matter of opinion, I actually think RO is pretty good. What I really want is a realistic modern day mod for ut2004 like Infiltration.. SAS just doesn't feel 'right', and Frag Ops is too arcadey.

Comment

it wasnt winter that defeated the germans..although it played its part, the main reason was because the germans were travelling really bad terrain and in those days they used horse and cart to bring supplies to the soldiers, but the horses and carts kept getting stuck in the terrain and mud and it was choking off german supplies. then when the soviets surrounded the germans at stalingrad, they made the germans suffer the full extent of the soviet winter by not allowing the german supplies get thru. Eventually, when the germans were so weak, the russians pushed the germans back into germany. TBH, alot of people think it was mainly the Allies who made the final blow on germany, but it was actually the russians who finished it

Comment

I have Red Orchestra and also Americas Army i like them both, But my personal opinon is that Americas Army is more realistic

I wish someone would make a true Americas Army Mod for UT2004, Retaining the playability of this best ever Free FPS ever created

Comment

Originally posted by coldplasma
              [...]
              somebody obviously did his homework :up:

btw: the main reason for me not to download RO is 400mb... and i dont like realistic shooters, thats why i play Unreal but i'm sure the devs did a good job. :up:

Comment

I understand your frustration... but... this is just not a game for you... every negative opinion you mentioned is a good thing in my eyes, so I like it! No problem bro... just stick to UT2k4 then!

Comment

Re: Re: Red Orchestra: What a stinker!

Originally posted by Eeep!!!
                  Jesus christ its you again, go away stupid troll.
                  Excuse me, boyo..
                  Who the **** are you?

Lazz, where I got my clan name and my own is beside the point.
                  That wont disguise the stink that is this MOD.

Now to the real trolls of the thread..
                  Lazz, -n- Eeep.
                  Go find somewhere else to feed. I dont see any counters to what I posted from you, just childish outbursts.

To a point..
                  Once again, the reason you need a crosshair in a video game is that there is no depth perception or feel. To add the fact that the gun bounces around all the time for no reason there is no way to judge where you are going to shoot unless you use the sights. Now add to it again that these are mechine guns with none of the grace but all the firepower of an AK47. You cant effectively use them with sights.

The reason for my post is that the MOD is over hyped in the MSU, will probibly be encluded in the ECE, and its a almost 500meg download. So if you are curious, here is one opinion saying it sucks and why. There is nothing trollish about it. So go to bed, so the boogy man can get you.

If you have another opinion to offer about the MOD post it, if not STFU.
                  Loser.

Comment

Originally posted by stts
                    I have Red Orchestra and also Americas Army i like them both, But my personal opinon is that Americas Army is more realistic

I wish someone would make a true Americas Army Mod for UT2004, Retaining the playability of this best ever Free FPS ever created
                    Right on!

Comment

I played the new RO as well

I didnt like it as much as I liked the previous versions

the new reload animtions look kinda weird, and there are still the cheap hit effects

why didnt they add mr evil's hit effects ?

but Ive only played it like 1/2 hour yet, I will play it more soon to check everything out

Comment

I don't like the gameplay of ro at all. It sure does look cool though

Comment

i dont like it either, after giving it a 30 min try (short but long enough) i removed it!

i couldnt evend dodge (maybe they changed it?)

anyway on all terrains/aspects i didnt like it= main reason= it doesnt resemble ut enough, and in that case i prefer games like mohaa or cod more......;

ps: learn to accept other peoples opinions instead of insulting them

Comment

[B]...
                            1. Germans vs. Russians...
                            Who Cares!!!
                            I do ... because at least it's not the Krauts vs Yankees at Normandy that any other WW2-based mod has ...
                            So they may not have chosen an original background (it's WW2), but at least they've not chosen to re-visit the same old boring yankees and France ...

2a. The reasoning behind no crosshairs?
                            Look. Sure, there are no floating crosshairs in real life. But this aint real life. There is no way to judge where the rounds are going to go as you can in real life. Put a dot or smething out there.
                            that model in front of you is the crosshair ... sure it obscures half of your screen, but that is the ff-ing point of the idea.

To add, you really arent supposed to use the sights on half of the weapons anyway.
                            How's that ?

4. Interface/Options.
                            Bla.
                            Interface is minimal and the options are non exhistant.
                            Why would you need 'options' except for the ones that UT2k4 gives you by default ?
                            The minimalist hud adds to the atmosphere ... (if it were me I'd kill the scoreboard as well)

btw :
                            you forgot the fact that there is no bot-support at all ...

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Red Orchestra: What a stinker!

Excuse me, boyo..
                              Who the **** are you?
                              ..and you say I have a childish outbursts

Now to the real trolls of the thread..
                              Lazz, -n- Eeep.
                              Go find somewhere else to feed. I dont see any counters to what I posted from you, just childish outbursts.
                              I haven't countered it because I dont have an opinion on it as I haven't tried it out yet. I just believe that just cause you dont like it doesnt mean you have the right to tell others they wont like it

if not STFU.
                              Loser.
                              ..yet another childish outburst

Comment

Working...
                              X