[OT] Logitech mx 510 vs mx 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT] Logitech mx 510 vs mx 500

I wanted to get a new mouse but I'm not sure if I should get the mx 500 or the mx 510. A friend of mine told me that the 500 is the same as the 510 except the 510 has the colors. So I'm not sure if its worth it to spend the extra 10$ on the 510. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

The mx510 has the better sensor.
    If you are a high sens. player, save yourself a few bucks and get the mx500.
    If you're a low sens. player, get the 510. :up:
    They are exactly the same shape and size.

Whatever you do, DO NOT get the MX1000!

Comment

Why not get the MX1000?

Comment

It doesn't really mather, both are great mouses. I own both and there's no real value in the extra precision of the mx510 imo, you won't really notice it in games especially if you never had the mx500, the mx500 will allready be a great step step forward.
        So if money is your decider just go for the mx500, a great mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Brom
          Why not get the MX1000?
          because it lags in games, most noticable in FPS games like UT2004

check out the topic about it : A little warning about the MX-1000

Comment

Woozy, I clicked on your specs and I get a 404 on the page. Might wanna have that checked out.

Comment

Woozy, I clicked on your specs and I get a 404 on the page. Might wanna have that checked out.
              [OT]
              hehe don't wanna make anyone jealous

nah seen it just yet, thx for the headsup, i'll post them on my own site, anand seems to have deleted my account

for now, since you appear to be interested

Specs:
              Operating System : WinXP Pro SP2 custom install cd.
              CPU Type : AMD64 s939
              CPU Speed : 3500+ (2.2Ghz now 2.4Ghz = 3800+)
              Motherboard : MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum 54G
              RAM Type and Speed: 1024MB OCZ Gold PC4000EL (DDR500)
              Graphics Card : Radeon9700Pro, to be replaced by a X800XT PE
              Network: 1x Nvidia 10/100/1000, 1x Realtek 10/100/1000, 1x wireless 54g
              Hard Disks : 2X WD2000JB RAID0 (400GB)
              Optical Drive: NEC ND1300A DVD+-RW
              Keyboard : MS Natural Multimedia
              Mouse : Logitech MX510
              Monitor : LG Flatron 915FT Plus
              Cooling : Watercooled CPU, Chipset & VGA chip
              3DMark01 : http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8068602
              3DMark03 : http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2994241

Comment

Why not get the MX1000?
                Read --- > http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=407404

Comment

So the 510 is a little more accurate than the 500 but not so much more that it will make a difference or does it actually make a difference? Because if the 510 is noticeably better than the 500 than i would just get the 510.

Comment

I upgraded from the MX500 and tbh I couldn't really notice the difference. If there is one, it is very small.

The main difference for me was that the Logitech drivers for the MX510 actually work properly! With the MX500, the drivers were so buggy I had to revert to Microsoft default drivers. I use logitech drivers with the MX510 and they work fine, no negative accelleration troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenOath
                      I upgraded from the MX500 and tbh I couldn't really notice the difference. If there is one, it is very small.

The main difference for me was that the Logitech drivers for the MX510 actually work properly! With the MX500, the drivers were so buggy I had to revert to Microsoft default drivers. I use logitech drivers with the MX510 and they work fine, no negative accelleration troubles.
                      You could have used the MX510 drivers with your MX500 , then you wouldn't have encountered those probs << tip for all MX500 owners

Comment

Originally posted by Woozy
                        You could have used the MX510 drivers with your MX500 , then you wouldn't have encountered those probs << tip for all MX500 owners
                        Ahh, didn't know that. I always thought that the MX510 drivers couldnt be used with the MX500.

Comment

look it's very simple mate

if u going to play games:
                          MX510

if u using it for destop:
                          mx500

i have had both mx500 and mx510 .. much say the software from mx510 is a littlebit better for the games ... yes the buttons....
                          there is a BIg diffrend in hte preformens .. with low sens u can feel, SEE, notice the diffrends. Been there, Done that.

so if i was u i would go for the mx510

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenOath
                            Ahh, didn't know that. I always thought that the MX510 drivers couldnt be used with the MX500.
                            Oh you can, no problem. But it will not fix the 'negative acceleration'.

Comment

Originally posted by McFly
                              Oh you can, no problem. But it will not fix the 'negative acceleration'.
                              Is the negative accell a hardware problem then?

Comment

Working...
                              X