No announcement yet.

How to dodge faster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diagonal Dodge jump gets you more distance.

1. Run forward
    2. Look diagonal 45 degrees to left or right, and dodge left (if you face right) or right if you face left

This is the most basic of diagonal dodge jumps all others use this same tactic with different directions but it will always be to dodge in the direction opposite of the way you are deviating from (good luck understanding that I can't :haha: ).

Make sure you employ all other dodges, not just forward dodge.

Comment

play the skill maps :weird:

Comment

To get the maximum dodgejump-distance, try and really time the jump, wait untill the last moment.
        Try dodgejumping from brigde to LG on campinggrounds. Its possible if you time the jump.
        Also practise dodge and dodgejumping backwards through a level. Mastering this is great for defensive play, and is an indication that you know the level:P

BTW
        Dont overdodge yourself to death, dodging makes you an easy target; you're predictable and once in a dodgejump you cant suddenly change directions.

Comment

Thx for all the info you all. I basicly knew about the dodge jumping(dodge oposite way your looking).

I've played ppl online that dodged almost constantly like there was no sec or 2 delay. Like if I keep tapping left to dodge there is a sec or 2 delay before he dodges again. Doesnt seem this way to some of those ppl I've played seems like its constant for them.

Comment

I find dodging difficult too, and to be honest, i actually have it turned off and i play fairly decently.

my biggest turn off with dodging is falling off cliffs/edges etc.... you ask how that is possible...

well, stand close to an edge and tap forward 1x to get closer, still not close enough, tap forward again... AHHHHHHHH SPLAT!

sometimes i like to walk to an edge, not duck to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Terial-DeVo
              I find dodging difficult too, and to be honest, i actually have it turned off and i play fairly decently.

my biggest turn off with dodging is falling off cliffs/edges etc.... you ask how that is possible...

well, stand close to an edge and tap forward 1x to get closer, still not close enough, tap forward again... AHHHHHHHH SPLAT!

sometimes i like to walk to an edge, not duck to it.
              Turn down your dodge time.

Comment

UT Bible

Take a read on that, the basic dodge section still applies in ut2004.

Comment

have my dodge time set to 1.00 this way i can dodge real quick and if u practice it enough u dont fall of a ledge to often that 1 suicide is worth the dodging anyway

Comment

Morda thx for the link. But is there a site thats more into UT2004/03? I'd say the weapons was changed a bit from that site(damage and stuff).

Comment

too many people dont know how to dodge...

double-jumping like a bunny spamming flak and rockets is good enough for most public dwellers.

FFS! LEARN HOW TO STRAFE AND DODGE!

Comment

heh i just turned my dodge time to .20 from .22 (i was still dodging on accident a lot). basically if u dodge on accident a lot...then lower the number. if you have a hard time dodging up the time until it is comfortable for you..:up:

Comment

Originally posted by Shizna
                          too many people dont know how to dodge...

double-jumping like a bunny spamming flak and rockets is good enough for most public dwellers.

FFS! LEARN HOW TO STRAFE AND DODGE!
                          That's exactly why this thread was made. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by VenomZER0
                            If you can't predict yourself, then the enemy might have a hard time :haha:
                            ROFL! :haha: :haha:

combat philosophy reaching new heights

Comment

I too have problems to understand how some ppl can dodge like they were born inside this map universe. Like Im playing against some good opponents, maybe loosing but anyway I feel a have it all in some control... and then comes someone who trashes everything by his/her superior skills. Maybe a good controller helps a lot? Or is my dodge speed wrong, I have it at 0.30 ?

Or maybe I just need more practice?

Comment

Working...
                              X