A little warning about the MX-1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little off topic . .

I just got the Logitech MX Duo (MX700 /w keyboard) and their great so far, no lag at all, and no cords to get tangled up. Yes, the MX1000 is newer, but this set is cheaper (69 for the combo from newegg)

So far I'm pretty dissapointed with the logitech drivers for using the extra buttons in games. By default the back/forward buttons would only work when the game compatibility mode is enabled (which by default only works for ut2003.exe, not ut2004.exe for some reason) and can't be easily changed. The extra buttons also can't be mapped to different functions without losing their functionality within windows, unless you use a third-party program.

At the moment, I'm trying a program called Logigamer which lets you easily/automatically change profiles on the MX700 between various games and windows which so far seems good.

Has anyone here tried binding the mouse's extra buttons (700 or 1000, both are similar I believe) to functions in UT? If so, how and (out of curiosity) what to? Having an 8-button mouse can defiently be convenient in UT.

Comment

Angryguy get the advanced settnigs utility from logitech's download section I'll make all 8 work ingame.

Or you can rebind em to buttons that work using logigamer/mouseware

MX1000 uses SetPoint drivers and is thus not compadible with neither logigamer nor the advanced settnigs utility.

Shame..

Comment

mouse lag gebneraly will depend mainly on your enviroment and the tech used. Most of the lag with tech is in compressing and decoressing the signal. In a high radiation enviroment mice will get somwhat laggy as signals are missed. also put your reciver close, not halfway across the room, kthnx

Comment

hm still havent bought it yet... i might buy it, like early morning one day, go home and test it out, and if it doesnt work well enough return it to the shop in the same evening... i hope laser technology is going to be good enough to cut through the sweat problem im having with my almost-as-expensive icemat ....

Comment

I got mines today, been using it for a few hours. I'll post back later with more on this.

Comment

Originally posted by [TST]Baxter
              A real pro wouldn't need any mouse. Or a keyboard for that matter....

[TST]

Just a strong right hand

Comment

How's the mouse Dark Six??

Comment

Originally posted by tenstrum
                  How's the mouse Dark Six??
                  Explain..

Comment

the dark six
                    Inverted Light Impulse

Reg: Mar 2004

I got mines today, been using it for a few hours. I'll post back later with more on this.

I was wondering how he liked the MX1000.

Comment

Had to finally give my MX1000 its first recharge since I bought it almost 3 weeks ago.
                      *sigh* I feel like a proud father!

Comment

Originally posted by tenstrum
                        Had to finally give my MX1000 its first recharge since I bought it almost 3 weeks ago.
                        *sigh* I feel like a proud father!
                        Oh yeah? Well, my MX510 feeds itself! HA!

Comment

JK!

'MOTE 'TROLL GOLDFISH IS TEH ROXXORS!
                          MX1000=eat ur MX510 and Fish 4 lunch!! :up:

Comment

Originally posted by xeonshockwave
                            the MX510 is like a baby in a womb, the MX1000 is a fully developed born individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozdude
                              My main gripe is the fact I can never remember to stick the **** thing in its craddle to recharge at the end of everyday. I've lost count of the many times I've missed out on a good fraggin session due to flat batteries
                              I'm forgetful too, that's why I bought a battery charger and 8 batteries, I also use them for my remotes.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas997
                                Looks nice.

How long does the battery last?

thx

Longer than one day. Bought mine last Friday till adjusting to it tho

Comment

Working...
                                X