A little warning about the MX-1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little warning about the MX-1000

I got the Logitech MX-1000 laser - supposedly the best mouse made ever - in the mail today.

Well, basically, I wasted 95 euros / $112 by purchasing this mouse.

It performs far worse then any old MX mouse; mx300, mx310, mx500, mx700 - and the mx510 is far beyond this mouse that claims it is 20x better than any optical mouse.

The shape of it is pretty cool, and it doesn't weigh as much as the mx700. But once you start up your favourite FPS game, you will regret to have spent your cash on it.

However, I must state this applies only for players with low sens. settings. If you do not move your mouse very much, the MX-1000 is 'usable'. But no need to get it, if you already have a MX mouse or some of the newer M$ mice.

But if you use more than 20cm @ 360 degree turn, do not buy this mouse!

I play instagib, so I have like 30cm @ 360 degrees, The mouse is totally **** for me. The 'negative accelration' kicks in as soon as I do a some-what fast turn. Negative acc. is basically just the mouse being incapable of processing you moving the mouse at faster speeds.

So if you do 360 degree turns on 5cm, go ahead, buy the mouse.
    But don't say I didn't warn you.

The fact that its wireless should be enough to put most hardcore gamers off

Definately surprised that its actually worse than its wireless predecessor, the MX700 :down:

Comment

I'm still on a plain ol' logitech dual-optical, heh. But that one sounds kinda lame if you can't turn off the neg-g.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenOath
        The fact that its wireless should be enough to put most hardcore gamers off

Definately surprised that its actually worse than its wireless predecessor, the MX700 :down:
        Many ppl play with the MX700. I wouldn't, though.
        But this optical/laser tech is inferiour to the old MX tech - which really shocked me.
        I can't believe they even made this mouse.

Comment

mx510 :up: best mouse ever

Comment

Originally posted by McFly
            Many ppl play with the MX700. I wouldn't, though.
            There's one of them right here

And I love the freedom it gives me

Comment

Originally posted by pyrothekilla200

same ere

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_anarchy
                Yep, indeed it is.

I just wish they would make a MX310 with the MX510 sensor in it.
                I can't play with the MX510. Shape is sucky and it's too big (for me).

Comment

thats debatable

allot of people swear by the micro**** series... and I love both.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrothekilla200

Ditto. I even like what some people say is the "heavy" feel of the thing.....

[TST]
                    :up:

Comment

:up: I just recently moved to it and i did regret for a while about spending 50 dollars on a mouse, but then i played ut and i couldn't believe i didn't do it sooner

Comment

You guys do realize that wireless mice have lag right? no pro would use one, not even the mx700. I tried it for 1 day and took it back. It's worthless as a gaming mouse.

Comment

Wow. I'm so behind the times that I didn't even know that there was and MX-1000. :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightQ3
                            You guys do realize that wireless mice have lag right? no pro would use one, not even the mx700. I tried it for 1 day and took it back. It's worthless as a gaming mouse.
                            :haha: oh my... this has been brought up so many times... if your mouse lagged, it was pritty fubar! Saying no pro user whould use a wireless only show how much you missed in life dude... it does not make you look cool or pro... before you worry about wireless lag you should worry about the distance from your eyes and you monitor... couse if its to big, the speed of light could be to slow, and you might actually loose a frag! :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Mohlraax
                              :haha: oh my... this has been brought up so many times... if your mouse lagged, it was pritty fubar! Saying no pro user whould use a wireless only show how much you missed in life dude... it does not make you look cool or pro... before you worry about wireless lag you should worry about the distance from your eyes and you monitor... couse if its to big, the speed of light could be to slow, and you might actually loose a frag! :bulb:
                              :haha: :haha:

I agree, if you got "mouse lag" then your mouse must be broken somehow.
                              I have never experienced "mouse lag" so

Comment

Working...
                              X