Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many forumers does it take to change a light bulb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many forumers does it take to change a light bulb?

How many forum users does it take to change a lightbulb???

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

another 6 to condemn those 6 as ****-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the moderators complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

Speaking of jokes...

Mark Rein dies in a car accident and he finds himself in purgatory, being sized up by God....

"Well Mark, I'm really confused on this one. I'm not sure whether to send you to Heaven or Hell. After all you enormously awed all gamers by releasing Unreal Tournament, yet you also created that ghastly UT2003! Therefore, I'm going to do something I've never done before in your case. I'm going to let you decide where you want to go. Heaven or Hell?"

Mark replied, "Well, what's the difference between the two?"

God said, "I'm willing to let you visit both places briefly, if it will help your decision."

"Fine, but where should I go first?"

"I'll leave that up to you."

"Okay then," said Mark, "Let's try Hell first."

So Mark went to Hell. It was a beautiful, clean, sandy beach with clear waters and lots of beautiful women running around, playing in the water, laughing and frolicking about. The sun was shining, the temperature perfect, and he was very pleased.

"This is great!" he told God. "If this is hell, I can't wait to see heaven!"

"Fine," said God, and off they went.

Heaven was a place high in the clouds, with angels drifting about, playing harps and singing. It was nice, but no where near as enticing as Hell. Mark thought for a quick minute, and then rendered his decision.

"Hmmm. I think I'd prefer Hell," he told God.

"Fine," God replied, "as you desire."

So Mark Rein went to Hell.

Two weeks later, God decided to check on Mark to see how he was doing in Hell. When he got there, he found Mark shackled to a wall, screaming amongst hot flames in a dark cave, being burned and tortured by demons.

"How's everything going?" He asked Mark.

Mark responded, his voice filled with anguish and disappointment, "This is awful! This is nothing like the Hell I visited two weeks ago! I can't believe this is happening! What happened to that other place, with the beaches and the beautiful women playing in the water?!???"

And God replied, "That was just a demo."

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJackSparrow
      Speaking of jokes...
      <snip>
      :haha: :haha: :up:

Comment

1. Guy walks into a bar and orders a drink. He takes a drink and then spits it out. "what is this ****?" "do you have any experience in mixing drinks?" Bartender stands up and yells "In russia I was Mapper! I make Deck 16!"

2. A Ued3 mapper, a World Craft mapper, a Tribes 2 mapper, and a Radiant mapper walk into a bar. Bar tender says "what is this? A joke?"

3. Elliot Cannon walks into a bar and says "Bartender give me a shot." He takes the shot then looks in his pocket. "Bartender! Give another shot!" He takes the shot then looks in his pocket." He says "Bartender give another shot." He takes the shot then looks in his pocket.
        The bartender says, "Why is it that after every shot do you look in your pocket?"
        "I have a picture of Deck 16, when it finally looks good, I'll release it."

4. Man walks into a bar. Bartender asks "why are you wearing sunglasses?" Man replies "I just got back from Deck 16."

5. Three 2k3 Mappers walk into a bar. Bartender says "Get outta here! We don't take kindly to your type!"

Origonal thread

Comment

Speaking of jokes...
          ROFL

Comment

Re: How many forumers does it take to change a light bulb?

Originally posted by BasketCase
            In this forum... None?

-The old lightbulb was better

-Pro players dont use dynamic lighting

-The new bulb is too small for the lampshade

-Light hits everything at once, and is thus only used by n00bs

-Who needs a lightbulb when everyone wears luminous jumpsuits!

-Everyone knows how annoying it is when soemone spams the lightswitch.

-Replacement bulb delayed by "Two Weeks"

-Bulb will be replaced "When its done"

-Forum users too busy spamming the forum with useless bull****

Comment

Re: How many forumers does it take to change a light bulb?

Originally posted by BasketCase

Comment

And God replied, "Now you know how the original UT players felt after the release of UT2003."

Comment

All of us to work out its not broken and to turn the switch on:haha: :haha: :haha:

Comment

And God replied
                    ROFL, spot on. :haha: :up:

Comment

And one to say "It was much better when we had candles, no one uses lightbulbs because candles were much better, why don't the people who make lightbulbs make them work like candles?"

Comment

Originally posted by Early_bath
                        And one to say "It was much better when we had candles, no one uses lightbulbs because candles were much better, why don't the people who make lightbulbs make them work like candles?"
                        LOL, good one

- Tye

Comment

3 to tell about the advancements in LED technology that will render the light bulb industry obsolete.

15 people to say "That will not happen", only to be surprised when it does.

Comment

Speaking of jokes...
                            I doubt it was a joke .
                            Read any forums lately . . . .?

Comment

You forgot...

137 Forumers to post 148963 threads about how LightBulb99 is so much better than LightBulb2003.

Comment

Working...
                              X