• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~AFU~SirCruelT
    ...rude rant...
    reported kthxbye

Comment

Yeah, I know. I couldn't hold back.

Actually I did hold back but I guess it wasn't enough. Oh well, if I get banned it won't be any kind of loss

Comment

Yeah, I know. I couldn't hold back.
        plz think 2x b4 posting the less you cuss the less cuss will fly your way i'v managed to figure out....

Comment

Actually I did hold back but I guess it wasn't enough. Oh well, if I get banned it won't be any kind of loss
          It's not that these boards suck or anything, it's that I haven't been a member long enough to actually care.

Comment

It's not that these boards suck or anything, it's that I haven't been a member long enough to actually care.
            you tops get 1 WL point from rude behavior you wount be banned but plz mind your language

Comment

True
              Act like your talking to someone face to face,instead of typeing to a pc
              ventings good tho man,let it all out,just dont flame on members unless there asking for it

Comment

What I think Unreal Tournament 2004 desperately needs is a 1on1 Duel gameype.

That is the only thing missing from the game for me - an officially recognised and supported 1on1 gametype. There's a large 1on1 community out there, and I think it should be recognised.

I know there's DeathMatch that can be limited to 2 players, but it's just not the same as some of the 1on1 Duel mods out there.

This is just my opinion. Please don't flame me for it.

Comment

like the player-created rocket arena mod that shipped with ut goty?

Comment

Killer 215219

What I think Unreal Tournament 2004 desperately needs is a 1on1 Duel gameype.

I AGREE 100 % .

Comment

Originally posted by Fecal Marmaset
                      Become a level designer....you'll forget all about gameplay.:up:

:up: :up: :up: untill you have to BETA test it, of course:bulb:

Comment

If they were looking to the future they would have named 2k3 something else instead of using the name of a successful game like UT to sell this upgrade to Quake 3. That means they WERE trying to recreate the success of UT. When a sequel is made to a game it usually sticks to the gameplay and just adds new maps, weapons etc. etc.
                        I don't think using the unreal name had anything to do with sales IMO (or at least it wasn't =entirely= about sales ). The company that owns the name UNREAL TOURNAMENT made what they believed was a sequel to that game so they named it UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2003.

YOU are of the opinion that the game is nothing at all like UT and thus it should not have been called that. Unfortunately for you, the company that owns the name thinks differently. So there you go. It's really just a difference of opinion.
                        Originally posted by TheSpiritwalker
                        no one is asking for a step back.. a step forward would be nice.. instead of the side step that 2k3 is.
                        I agree. While I have enjoyed playing UT2003 (IG/CTF!), I'm not blind to its flaws (bad maps, sticky meshes, etc) and I wish the **** game had been made exclusively for the PC instead of being just a so-so console port. Hopefully UT2004 will be the step FORWARD that many of us thought UT2003 should have been... :up:

Comment

Re: UT2004 - Petition for an Official Game Type -{Epic Please Consider}-

Originally posted by -=007MIKE=-
                          Please consider this as an official game type.
                          tl;dr

Maybe I'm late to the issue.. but it would be easier if those people in your camp would please consider continuing to play the game you like, and not interfere with the evolution of the game.

The original UT is plenty affordable and runs well on just about any hardware today. So that's a win/win right there.

Cheers!

Comment

come on!

man... teh BIG difference between UT1 and UT2 are... TEH MAPS!

WAIT ! just think a little...

Just tell me WHICH UT2 map are SO GOOD than DM-Deck16 or CTF Face (like an example)

right

UT1 maps: ROCKS
                            UT2 maps: SUKX :sour:

Comment

Re: Re: UT2004 - Petition for an Official Game Type -{Epic Please Consider}-

Originally posted by Imaginos
                              tl;dr

Maybe I'm late to the issue.. but it would be easier if those people in your camp would please consider continuing to play the game you like, and not interfere with the evolution of the game.

The original UT is plenty affordable and runs well on just about any hardware today. So that's a win/win right there.

Cheers!
                              Could it also be said that Ut2k3 is interfearing with the evolution of the GameUt99 see it just depends on what your point of view is looks to me both points are stuck with no relief in sight..

Comment

Re: Re: Re: UT2004 - Petition for an Official Game Type -{Epic Please Consider}-

Originally posted by Magwa
                                Could it also be said that Ut2k3 is interfearing with the evolution of the GameUt99 see it just depends on what your point of view is looks to me both points are stuck with no relief in sight..
                                I guess you could look at it that way. As far as Epic is concerned though, they have a feature-complete product and it is in the hands of the community to mod and add content to it at this point. They went so far as to release the source to a small group of programmers that are continuing the anti-cheat/exploit updates. For them to back up and put time and money into a finished product isn't feasible. To make UT2003 more attractive to UT99 players though.. there's a niche that some ambitious coder might try to make a name for himself attempting.. If he does well, there's likely a job offer to follow..

On the flipside of the coin, I'm happy to see UT still chugging along and I will admit it's still installed on my gamer rig. Like a first love, it's tough to let go.. While it's not as flashy and impressive as 2003, it's still the good people you game with online that keeps this game alive. It's got a ways to go, but I hope it breaks the longevity record of counterstrike, quake, Q2, all the classics. I know I'll do my part to help that happen. Daughter and I love Jailbreak with friends and Morpheus will forever be my favorite map.. Come what may though, the Epic crew needs new challenges. They move onward and upward looking to invent the next best thing. I will go along for that ride too, knowing fully well I will always have something to fall back to.
                                In the meantime, embrace change. Try something new. Most importantly, let them create. Who knows what will come along next?

Comment

Working...
                                X