UT2004 - Petition for an Official Game Type -{Epic Please Consider}-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People like Cpt. Sparrow just don't get how 2k3 isn't actually UT

If they don't listen to us we'll just stick to UT. If I feel like playing an upgrade to Quake 3 I'll get 2k3.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoUK

However, a hardcore mode would be mostly appreciated, I'd have thought. Anything to quicken up the pace of the game would be great for public play.
      Give this man a cherry tomato!

Finally a helpfull idea. Something to speed things up...with out having to speed up the entire game in the process. UT2k3 feels like its stuck in "classic" mode rather than "hardcore" mode. I wont ask for a "turbo" mode.

Comment

Originally posted by -=007MIKE=-

Finally a helpfull idea. Something to speed things up...with out having to speed up the entire game in the process. UT2k3 feels like its stuck in "classic" mode rather than "hardcore" mode. I wont ask for a "turbo" mode.
        No thats not it
        I play gmc 2k3 servers and they are set 155/55 low grav and feel faster that ut at the same setting
        there is just something i cant put my finger on of what makes 2k3 feel weird,I think it the bad charachter movment and size, alltho you can move more it still feels chunky and slow

Comment

Originally posted by ~AFU~SirCruelT
          People like Cpt. Sparrow just don't get how 2k3 isn't actually UT

If they don't listen to us we'll just stick to UT. If I feel like playing an upgrade to Quake 3 I'll get 2k3.
          WTF are you on about? Where did I say that? :weird: I understand 2k3 "isn't actually" UT. <duh> UT was a great game that I enjoyed playing alot but (as I said before) the ppl that made the game have MOVED ON. They are not (IMO) going to step back to 1999 and old UT no matter how many times ppl post about it. If they were TRUELY interested in recreating the past game then they would have already done it by now (or at the very least posted their intention of doing so in one of the other THOUSAND threads about this topic).

Comment

epic = teh ghey
            they used to be = teh cool
            guess $$$$ got to them like it does bands that sell out

Comment

I hope you can be tubgir1 in 2k4.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJackSparrow
                We've been over this time and time again. Epic is looking to the future, not the past. They have made this abudantly clear, especially after they released that laughable classic ut mut for ut2k3. After I saw that it was clear to me that they have no desire to recreate the past.
                If they were looking to the future they would have named 2k3 something else instead of using the name of a successful game like UT to sell this upgrade to Quake 3. That means they WERE trying to recreate the success of UT. When a sequel is made to a game it usually sticks to the gameplay and just adds new maps, weapons etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Captaing Jack Sparrow
                  No. They want to exceed the past revenue. And they did. UT2003 has sold well over a million units. It's engine has been licensed for numerous games. From a sales perspective UT2003 was a blockbuster hit!
                  Yeah most of those sales are from noobs and UT fans that actually thought it would be a good game. If you were actually a part of the UT community(not 2k3), you would know that there's so many gamers who bought it, installed it, hated it, uninstalled it and put it somewhere in there closets.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJackSparrow
                    [B]No. They want to exceed the past revenue. And they did. UT2003 has sold well over a million units. It's engine has been licensed for numerous games. From a sales perspective UT2003 was a blockbuster hit!
                    2K3 sold over 1million units.. and that was done on the coat tails that is rode on.. I was one.. and the game really isn't very good. From a sales prespictive yeah.. huge hit. but if you look at the sales over the past while they have severaly leveled off.. compare that to UT over the same amount of time. Look at the amount of UT servers out there compared to 2k3..that speaks volumes..

You've gotta be kidding me? From the vids and previews I've seen of UT2004, it is =nothing= like UT1.
                    we aren't comparing the 2.. rather the lackluster "sequel". There is always the high hopes for the Star Trek phenome

Still, the fact that Epic/DE tried to impress instead of just repeating the same tired formula over again speaks volumes. They want to move the franchise FORWARD. Not just the same old game with a graphics update. Some new moves! Some new items! Some new weapons! Some new models! Some new Maps! The same theme and "some" of the old stuff (similar weapons, models, maps, etc) but still focusing on innovative new content and direction.

no one is asking for a step back.. a step forward would be nice.. instead of the side step that 2k3 is.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AFU~SirCruelT
                      Yeah most of those sales are from noobs and UT fans that actually thought it would be a good game. If you were actually a part of the UT community(not 2k3), you would know that there's so many gamers who bought it, installed it, hated it, uninstalled it and put it somewhere in there closets.
                      You mean there were people that after playing the demo still thought it would magically transform into UT ?

I'd have a few bridges I could sell to you if you really are that thick.
                      If the demo isn't to your liking then there is 99% chance that the full game won't be that much fun either.

People are voting "No" to the official gametype...but saying yes to the idea..but only as a mutator. A poorly worded question on my part.
                      I sure as hell am not saying 'yes' to the idea of UT for UT'03.
                      It would not be an improvement.
                      It would not be something new.
                      I don't mind sequels if they change and/or add enough new features to make it worth the new name.
                      I'd hate companies that make sequels that don't even attempt to improve on the previous version.

Therefor IMNSHO it would be a complete and utter waste of time for Epic to try and go all the way back to the prehistoric version of UT. To try and capture the audience of a market they already own would be even more stupid.
                      They need to bring in new players into the Unreal-community, not the same old veterans they had 5+ years ago already.

Comment

Just play Unreal tournament, the graphics still look good imo.

Comment

Sorry I didn't post the link in those posts at that time but the link just got posted by Draztik.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=434

Comment

Originally posted by -=007MIKE=-

Sorry, I can't take credit for that one, I've read it on this forum before... however, I really, really would like to see it in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by JaFO(JBE)
                              You mean there were people that after playing the demo still thought it would magically transform into UT ?

I'd have a few bridges I could sell to you if you really are that thick.
                              If the demo isn't to your liking then there is 99% chance that the full game won't be that much fun either.
                              Look, I found a moron /\

If you were part of the UT community you would know that it's exactly like that.

Also, If you had read my previous post carefully you'd know that I never bought a copy of 2k3.

JaFO(JBE)

Comment

And what step would that be ?
                                UT was supposed to be a mp-component for Unreal, yet it evolved considerably beyond that initial design.

Exactly, you said it.

Comment

Working...
                                X