UT2004 - Petition for an Official Game Type -{Epic Please Consider}-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what step would that be ?
    UT was supposed to be a mp-component for Unreal, yet it evolved considerably beyond that initial design.

Taking that logic to UT vs UT'03 then it's IMHO pretty clear that UT'03 didn't go far enough into the new direction they had planned compared to the previous step.

We can speculate for all eternity as to the exact reasons for this, because only Epic knows the real reasons and they haven't said anything.

// off-topic ...
    kind of like XMP for U2 ... *whoa* would that be history repeating itself ??? ...
    // --

Comment

UT To UT2003 Project

Go there and help if your interested in this!

I'm happy with ut2003 so....

Comment

plz let ut99 just die, its time to move on to the new game

Comment

Re: Re: UT2004 - Petition for an Official Game Type -{Epic Please Consider}-

Originally posted by jedjedjedjed
          yes good solution then we are all happy, hence the no voters i dont get why you grant another gamer his fun, you r game isnt changed.... either just to annoy people or just selfish
          On the other side, those who vote yes are a bit selfish too.
          -
          Do you really think UT fans will move to 2k4, spending $$ and d/l a gameplay/mutator that is like UT ? It's hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron
            No official "gametype" will change the gameplay for all the different gametypes in UT2k3, to be like UT. Epic would have to make a mutator that goes much further than the UTClassic mute that they made.

Right now there is a group who is building a UT mutator/mod that will bring back the gameplay of UT as best they can, to UT2k3. I recommend everyone who wants to see UT gameplay in UT2k3 support these guys.
            got link?

Comment

Perhaps epic could solve this problem by including UT99 on the UT2K4 install. Then launch UT99 from inside UT2K4.

Comment

Re: Re: RE information21

Originally posted by information21
                I know you've seen the IG vs NW flame wars. Those died down once people decided to play rather than argue. The UT vs UT2003/4 flames will die down once people decide to play, or a community mod is released (which will result in playing).
                you did not answer the question???????go back to your post that i answered and read again i really want to know if you understand...

Comment

You people kill me. I wish the demo would hurry up and come out so the true bashing can begin. Of course I will love it!!! :up:

Comment

According to the poll it would seem that the community is "split" once again on the issue.

People are voting "No" to the official gametype...but saying yes to the idea..but only as a mutator. A poorly worded question on my part.

It looks like it may be another year or two before UT2k4 overtakes UT1 in the amount of players. That is if it remains the same as UT2k3.

I wasn't the first to bring it up, and I guarantee you I wont be the last. It's not going to go away anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Powerslave666
                      I voted yes because your idea (if implemented right) would stop all the whining :up:
                      :up: whats about making a thread bout ut1 vs. 2k3? never had this...:haha:

Comment

Originally posted by Ale$ki
                        :up: whats about making a thread bout ut1 vs. 2k3? never had this...:haha:
                        And why exactly do you think these threads keep being brought up?

Comment

it's too late to add a whole gametype at this point....

Comment

Originally posted by dethmanrulz
                            it's too late to add a whole gametype at this point....
                            Yup, the question is: is it to late for UT2004? Will Epic manage to salvage whats left of the community?

Vehicles might be fun for a little while, but lets face it: vehicles are very boring. You go forward, can turn and fire with one weapon. Thats it. Its like you remove dodge, jumps, double jumps, dodge jumps, strafing, ducking and backward from normal movement, and then add a little sluggish feeling. Oh my, how fun

If Epic hopes this will save UT2004, and leave the flaws in the gameplay from UT2003, we have a sure failure.

/Kronon

Comment

Originally posted by Kronon
                              Yup, the question is: is it to late for UT2004? Will Epic manage to salvage whats left of the community?

Vehicles might be fun for a little while, but lets face it: vehicles are very boring. You go forward, can turn and fire with one weapon. Thats it. Its like you remove dodge, jumps, double jumps, dodge jumps, strafing, ducking and backward from normal movement, and then add a little sluggish feeling. Oh my, how fun

If Epic hopes this will save UT2004, and leave the flaws in the gameplay from UT2003, we have a sure failure.

/Kronon
                              sounds like instagib on ut99 on laggy and slow servers

Comment

Originally posted by information21
                                A mod like this would divide the hell out of an extremely divided community. :bulb:
                                Absolutely how I feel. There's no way both gametypes could stand, and even if they DID make this, the old UT players are too **** skeptical to go for it anyway, because it's not UT. :bulb:

NO.

However, a hardcore mode would be mostly appreciated, I'd have thought. Anything to quicken up the pace of the game would be great for public play.

Comment

Working...
                                X