Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE information21

Originally posted by information21
    They won't be playing UT2004 though, just using the engine. I don't see how this helps the community, only sales.
    Info do you play the same game i do when we both play Ut2k3??????? no you play nw i play insta but we are both playing Ut2k3...see..... you will be playing regular ut2oo4 and i will be playing Ut2004classic you understand they are both on the same cd or dvd or whatever....it in no way spits this community this community it so split now it is crazy look at all the in fighting just stupid this will onl;y help as then we all have what we like to play....

Comment

If the whiners were satisfied, then it'd be done right

Comment

Originally posted by Powerslave666
        If the whiners were satisfied, then it'd be done right
        That's just it tho, it's impossible to satisfy ALL of the whiners. Even if you satisfy =some= of them, new ones will pop up "whining" about the changes that you made to satisfy the previous whiners.

Comment

Re: RE information21

Originally posted by Magwa
          Info do you play the same game i do when we both play Ut2k3??????? no you play nw i play insta but we are both playing Ut2k3...see..... you will be playing regular ut2oo4 and i will be playing Ut2004classic you understand they are both on the same cd or dvd or whatever....it in no way spits this community this community it so split now it is crazy look at all the in fighting just stupid this will onl;y help as then we all have what we like to play....
          I know you've seen the IG vs NW flame wars. Those died down once people decided to play rather than argue. The UT vs UT2003/4 flames will die down once people decide to play, or a community mod is released (which will result in playing).

Comment

No

Make it a mod, not an official game type in UT2004. If necessarily official the option to add it to UT2004 is not something I'd like, better to make it a separate game. Don't take resources from evolutionary development to make nostalgia.

Comment

If they actually planned on implementing this in UT2004 they wouldn't have time for the release, but hey, great idea for a Bonus Pack :up:

Comment

Good idea! Let's split the community even more :up:
                This kind of thing should come from THE COMMUNITY if THE COMMUNITY wants it bad enough... dont you realise all the real UT fans have either left the forum because the cant stand all this **** or are actually (wait for it...) playing the game! :bulb:

Comment

I'm starting to think that people are voting no.....not because they disagree with the idea, but because they want to see it as a mutator rather than a gametype.

Voting for No, is still saying Yes to the idea.

I should have worded the question differently.

Comment

Comment

Largely inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron
                        Right now there is a group who is building a UT mutator/mod that will bring back the gameplay of UT as best they can, to UT2k3. I recommend everyone who wants to see UT gameplay in UT2k3 support these guys.
                        Who ? And where can I find them ? (URL/email). If I could do anything to help them, I certainly would. If it was only to make one good map for the UT gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by -=007MIKE=-
                          I'm starting to think that people are voting no.....not because they disagree with the idea, but because they want to see it as a mutator rather than a gametype.

Voting for No, is still saying Yes to the idea.

I should have worded the question differently.
                          ah ... I see you are practicing to become a diplomat or politician.
                          They also say they meant the opposite of what they've actually said as soon as it becomes apparent they're losing.

Should have thought of that *before* posting the poll.

/me thinks that UT in the Unreal'03-engine would be a complete and utter waste of time.
                          If I wanted the gameplay of UT then I'd be playing UT despite the 'ugly' graphics, because gameplay > graphics.
                          Or are you suddenly forgetting that bit of the equation ?

Even without this mutator/mod the people playing UT would still be part of the Unreal-community. So there's no need to bring them over to the 'UT'03/'04 community.

Also keep in mind that they still might not play UT'03 because of the system-requirements for UT'03 ...

Besides :
                          What could the UT'03/'04 engine possibly offer that UT doesn't at this moment ?

- better graphics ? *eh* graphics < gameplay according to most of the whiners ...

- net-code ? I doubt people would be willing to upgrade for that bit.

- more maps ? ... but didn't the UT'03-maps suck (at least according to the UT'99 is better than UT'03 whiners) ?

- better weapons ? ... *oops* you're brining the old ones back

- better AI ?

- better support for custom-characters/skins ? *eh* considering that UT'03/'04 has less support (when it comes to changing those items in the GUI) they'd be going backwards instead of forwards.

No matter what you do you won't ever get those 'hardcore UT-fanboys' to the next-generation of games. At best you'd get the few that play both games, because they could finally delete UT'99.

Comment

JaFO(JBE), you don't make a whole lot of sense. If you ever played the original Unreal you would know the step taken to UT. That's exactly what UT2003 could have been like.

Point being, the Unreal "feel" is still captured. And I would say that this is what many UT fans are dissapointed about.

Comment

Re: UT2004 - Petition for an Official Game Type -{Epic Please Consider}-

Originally posted by -=007MIKE=-
                              After chatting with a variety of people in various networks, channels and forums, I noticed a trend: many want to see a classic game updated in a way they imagined it would be updated.

Even though Epic created something fresh and different with UT2K3, many UT1 gamers have felt a void with this release. These gamers love the engine upgrade and would like some elements of the old game to survive into the next generation of FPS shooters. Most UT1 players have shied away from the new game because the game play has completely changed and no longer feels like the best-selling game that created such a huge fan base.

Tim Sweeney, founder and president of Epic Games, said the following in an interview on 03/30/00: "Unreal Tournament is fun and innovative but, let's face it, it's just a game. It's hot now but nobody will be playing it in five years." Little did Sweeney realize just what kind of legacy Epic would create. With the 5-year mark only a year away from it's initial release, and UT1 still having twice as many players fragging away than UT2k3 does, we have to consider what UT has to offer that UT2K3 lacks.

I propose an official game type for UT2K4 that should please UT1 fans, close the gaps in the Unreal community and expand the user base in the process.

This game type will:
                              • Take a leap from the UT classic mutator and perfect it to a point where it becomes a game type that is compatible with any of the current UT2k3/4 game types. Classic UT DM, Classic UT BR, Classic UT Onslaught. A game type is more likely to be embraced and played if it's an official game type rather than simply an added mutator.
                              • Create the feel, and game play that so many UT1 fans prefer.
                              • Change player physics to mimic UT1 (player speed, player camera position/size/fov, strafe distance/speed)
                              • Change weapons fire rate/damage/knock back settings to mimic UT1

This game type does not have to:
                              • Recreate visuals to look like UT1

Please consider this as an official game type.
                              yes good solution then we are all happy, hence the no voters i dont get why you grant another gamer his fun, you r game isnt changed.... either just to annoy people or just selfish

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron
                                No official "gametype" will change the gameplay for all the different gametypes in UT2k3, to be like UT. Epic would have to make a mutator that goes much further than the UTClassic mute that they made.

Right now there is a group who is building a UT mutator/mod that will bring back the gameplay of UT as best they can, to UT2k3. I recommend everyone who wants to see UT gameplay in UT2k3 support these guys.
                                well...... leave a link then or something:bulb:

Comment

Working...
                                X