No announcement yet.

UT2004 - Petition for an Official Game Type -{Epic Please Consider}-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I think this might be a good idea, Its a little late to ask for this to be in UT2k4. The game is set to ship in 1-2 months. Even if they wanted to do this, it would push back the release until next year:sour:

Comment

Should be a mutator so it's compatible wth all gametypes. (imagne only having UT1 bombing run, surely a contradiction in terms)

Comment

Re: Re: UT2004 - Petition for an Official Game Type -{Epic Please Consider}-

Originally posted by sneaky_usb
        d00d~ yer math sux. :bulb:
        Okay, a year and <6 months, happy you little *****? :bulb: :down:

Comment

Originally posted by -=007MIKE=-
          It is because Epic cared enough about the community to try such a thing that I have brought this idea forward. I agree that it didn't go all the way, but you do have to admit that it was a step in the right direction.
          Come on man. Don't pretend that THIS THREAD is THE FIRST TIME anyone has ever thought about this. This idea has been brought forward time and time and time (and time and time) again in this forum. No one from Epic/DE =ever= replies. EVER. And while waiting for the fabled "official response" the thread always deteriorates into a 10-pages deep UT vs UT2003 flamewar (either that or it gets closed by a mod).

Bah... what do I care? <shrug> Even I will admit that once in awhile a couple of good flamers with have an entertaining back and forth in one of these threads so hey... WTH play it again, sammy! :up:

Comment

Good post and good idea !!!!!! lets stop the in fighting and namecalling and bring this community together like it should be....

Comment

Anybody that votes no is crazy
              why would you not want to see the constant whinning stop?
              it wont hurt you in any way,you can pretend like its not even there
              thats like turing down a free meal or free pussie
              It Will not stop until our demands are met lol
              dont be afriad youll still be daddys favorite 2k3/4

Comment

Its a good idea, BUT

UT is a game that was extremely well done. They never had to send out patches to change the gameplay...balance weapons...things of the like.

It had/has what ppl were looking for. Its fast paced, well balanced. It feels like u are right there, feet planted on the maps, weight of the minigun in your hand.

Sure the gfx kinda suck compared to now a days but they were good for their time.

Weapon balance is perfect, i mean i can (if i'm lucky) take someone out with ripper alt who has full health and full shield belt, and hardly get a scratch on me (as long as they aren't using mini or pulse ) U can have any weapon and still be able to take down any body in a quick amount of time.

In 2k3, i switch weapons so much during i fight its insane. It usualy takes 4-6 good hits with shock primary to take someone down....who can hit someone 6 times in a row when we can jump about with the dodges and stuff. So what do we do? switch to something else.
                I think Epic tried to appeal to too many ppl and tried to combine too much of Quake into 2k3 (sacraledge )

But what can i say, they are 2 different games! They shouldn't have called it UnrealTournament2003 b/c the only thing UT about it are the names of the weapons (or some of them) the 3 models u get from completing the SP, and the name of the game.

To sum up.

If i want to play UT i'm gonna do it in UT
                If i want to own some n00bs i'm gonna do it in UT2k3 (no offence to u 1337 2k3'ers)
                If i want to play some teams games and be able to tell who my team mates are at first glance (no having to go out and dl'd bright skins patchs) I'm gonna play UT
                If i want to guess at every player...well then i'll play 2k3.

PS the above post in only MY opinion...don't flame me for it

Comment

No official "gametype" will change the gameplay for all the different gametypes in UT2k3, to be like UT. Epic would have to make a mutator that goes much further than the UTClassic mute that they made.

Right now there is a group who is building a UT mutator/mod that will bring back the gameplay of UT as best they can, to UT2k3. I recommend everyone who wants to see UT gameplay in UT2k3 support these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCrack
                    Should be a mutator so it's compatible wth all gametypes. (imagne only having UT1 bombing run, surely a contradiction in terms)

The point is to bring a new gametype rather than simply a mutator. Mutators are rarely played as much as a gametype is. You also have to search for them. It's not as easy as simply clicking on a tab named "classic UT" and servers showing up of various types.

No, I do not make any claims on originality. If you want it, please act accordingly.

Epic may not post, but I do know that they will read. If there is enough demand for a specific item/product, they will address it. Any established business wants to please it's current customers, and bring in more.

Comment

Originally posted by Magwa
                      Good post and good idea !!!!!! lets stop the in fighting and namecalling and bring this community together like it should be....
                      A mod like this would divide the hell out of an extremely divided community. :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJackSparrow
                        We've been over this time and time again. Epic is looking to the future, not the past. They have made this abudantly clear, especially after they released that laughable classic ut mut for ut2k3. After I saw that it was clear to me that they have no desire to recreate the past.

If they have no desire to recreate the past.. then why ride the coat tails of UT with 2K3? they want to recreate the past reveune don't they?

2k3. as a stand alone game lacks something.. and it's gameplay. it's an awfully pretty game.. but that's about it.

Of course Epic is looking to the past, because that's what got them where they are now. And the whole idea of 2K4 says that they look at what they did, and want to "do it again"..

Maybe instead of just making it pretty, there will be more thought behind it. Instead of just changing up the weapons to be more balanced.. come up with a "new" weapon.. or bring back the "needle" gun from Unreal (whatever the name of that gun was) Remember the soldiers grabbing for their heads even though they weren't there anymore? AWSOME funstuff.. what about the "matrix" like effects from the shock gun .. the first time you saw that.. "Wow.. cool!!!!" There was none of that in 2K3.. just Bombing Run.. which is the high point of the game.

In 2k3, i switch weapons so much during i fight its insane. It usualy takes 4-6 good hits with shock primary to take someone down....who can hit someone 6 times in a row when we can jump about with the dodges and stuff. So what do we do? switch to something else.
                        I think Epic tried to appeal to too many ppl and tried to combine too much of Quake into 2k3 (sacraledge )

Agreed!!

Comment

Originally posted by information21
                          A mod like this would divide the hell out of an extremely divided community. :bulb:
                          Your missing one great point.

They would all be playing the same game.
                          UT would begin it's fade away in favor of UT2k4 just like Unreal faded away quite quickly in favor of UT

Comment

I voted yes because your idea (if implemented right) would stop all the whining :up:

Comment

Originally posted by -=007MIKE=-
                              Your missing one great point.

They would all be playing the same game.
                              UT would begin it's fade away in favor of UT2k4 just like Unreal faded away quite quickly in favor of UT
                              They won't be playing UT2004 though, just using the engine. I don't see how this helps the community, only sales.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSpiritwalker
                                If they have no desire to recreate the past.. then why ride the coat tails of UT with 2K3? they want to recreate the past reveune don't they?
                                No. They want to exceed the past revenue. And they did. UT2003 has sold well over a million units. It's engine has been licensed for numerous games. From a sales perspective UT2003 was a blockbuster hit!

2k3. as a stand alone game lacks something.. and it's gameplay. it's an awfully pretty game.. but that's about it.

Of course Epic is looking to the past, because that's what got them where they are now. And the whole idea of 2K4 says that they look at what they did, and want to "do it again"..
                                You've gotta be kidding me? From the vids and previews I've seen of UT2004, it is =nothing= like UT1. I guess you =could= point to the sniper rifle and the extra charge on the trans and guffaw "LOOK IT'S UT1!!" but that's hardly the case.
                                Remember the soldiers grabbing for their heads even though they weren't there anymore? AWSOME funstuff.. what about the "matrix" like effects from the shock gun .. the first time you saw that.. "Wow.. cool!!!!" There was none of that in 2K3.. just Bombing Run.. which is the high point of the game.
                                On the contrary, I got that "wow.. cool!!!!" feeling when I first saw karma physics in action. Admittadly, it's not as profound as when I first played UT1, but then I've been through so many FPS's since then that it's rather tough to impress me anymore. Still, the fact that Epic/DE tried to impress instead of just repeating the same tired formula over again speaks volumes. They want to move the franchise FORWARD. Not just the same old game with a graphics update. Some new moves! Some new items! Some new weapons! Some new models! Some new Maps! The same theme and "some" of the old stuff (similar weapons, models, maps, etc) but still focusing on innovative new content and direction.

You can't keep circling the **** runway, eventually you have to land, disembark, update the f*cking plane, and then take off and see where it takes you. Maybe it's worse, maybe it isn't. But if you don't TRY then you just stagnate and eventually crash.
                                Originally posted by Powerslave666
                                I voted yes because your idea (if implemented right) would stop all the whining :up:
                                Yeah well that's the rub isn't it? Define: DONE RIGHT. There is no MASS CONSENSUS on what a remake of UT classic SHOULD BE.

Comment

Working...
                                X