Clear All

1.2 is now out!

http://spaz.s5.com/

Comment

Got it, Thanks :up:

Comment

Got it and thank you!

Comment

Spaz007, nice app you got there. Just one thing. Why use .NET for such a small thing? This is easly done by hand in the registry but I understand many people don't know or don't want to mess with it and this app does the job. However, .NET is a no-no
          Thanks anyway:up:

Comment

I know .NET is a pain but its the next thing that Microsoft is pushing. So were Microsoft goes so does the rest. I just wanted to learn it since most of the places I'm looking to work for are moving to .NET.

I built it really because I can learn .NET while I work on something that might be useful. I guess I rather work towards a goal instead of working on stupid tutorials that I will just get rid of.

Comment

Made a new version since a few bugs were found. Thanks to Moz for the extra help. Also I put in code that will check to see if you have the bad setup.exe file that some have found in ECE 1.1. If it is installed the app will ask to replace it with the 3339 patch setup.exe.

Version 1.3
              - Fixed Bug with Default Icons not being set for Maps and UMODS.
              - Fixed RegCheck displaying "NO!" when nothing in the Registry was wrong.
              - The ECE 1.1 comes with a setup.exe file that doesn't seem to work. Ver 1.3 will see this bad setup.exe file and ask the user if they want to replace it. The file will be replaced with the 3339 patch version if allowed.
              - Added some code that will only change the registry if the users puts in the correct UT2004 path. Ver 1.2 allowed any and all paths. Right or Wrong.

Comment

TY Spaz

Comment

:up:

Comment

Thnx! Spaz

Thnx! Spaz, I'm spreadin da word!

PS. If you have your screenshot graphic full size on the webpage it would look much clearer, and since it's not much bigger - it won't really matter space wise.

Comment

Well, If I get time to finish my next program to replace Reg Fixer I will revamp the web site.

Comment

Ah, glad to see this thread bumped.
                        I just wanted to say thanks again Spaz (and I still feel stoopid typing that).

I recently had to nuke Windows & lo, when it came time to re-install UT my disk is knackered.

I simply copied my entire backed up UT2004 folder (15+ Gb's worth, saved on a separate drive) to C:\, re-patched it to 3369 (this is required for some reason even though I was patched-up when I made the backup), then ran Regfix, inputting my boxed CD-key and woot's-yer-daddy it's back to how it was, good as new.

Result! WP that man, most valuable UT app evar, outside of the Editor itself.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJim View Post
                          Ah, glad to see this thread bumped.
                          I just wanted to say thanks again Spaz (and I still feel stoopid typing that).
                          Hate me that much...

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz View Post
                            Hate me that much...

Oh you silly!
                            It's the Spaz part that I feel daft saying, cos' where I come from Spaz is short for Spastic, which used to be the term for someone suffering from Cerebral Palsy, but over the past few years/decade or so became a kind of derogatory term.

When I was little it was used as a general insult, as was just about any swear word we came across too.
                            "you're a spacker"
                            "Oh, well you smell then!"
                            "Well you're ghey then!"
                            "I'm going home I hate you! And I'm taking my ball with me"

[/8yr old voice]

And so-on and so on..

Comment

I got the name because I normally kill people in mass with long intervals of no frags. People seen this pattern and said to stay away from me when I'm spazing out.

Comment

Working...
                              X