UT 2004 Registry Fixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumping because it's so fantastic LOL :P

I already gave it to someone today who came to me because their UMODS weren't working

Comment

Both my UMOD's and Unreal linkage has been screwed up ever since I installed 2k4 (I think before that, actually). Nice to have them working again.
      Thanks for the tool!

Comment

what exactly does it fix?

Comment

Re: UT 2004 Registry Fixer

Spaz... I'm a interface designer and also a .NET coder*... As I love your program, you might want to have a little better user interface. I usualy follow the theme extablished by Office 2003, but I can extend my capabilities... here is some work of mine (on a little proggy I'm working on):

(Follows XP Theme)

If you are interested, fell free to contact me.

Comment

I seen that neoflame is using downloadhost.com. So I uploaded the program there. Hope they are better then FreeServers.com. Also updated the site with the new download link. So that should get rid of the access errors. I hope!

Thanks for putting up mirrors guys!!!

in reply to FineWolf:
            That does look cool. I might play around with the idea of using something like that. I guess as soon as I have more time I plan on adding some more features. So when I do, I will need to reorganize my interface so I can add more and prevent having too much on one screen.

in reply to Gaal Dornik:
            It fixes UMOD, Protocol and Map File types in Windows. Restores the main registry values for UT2004 also the GamePath and Version. It can also restore or change the CD-Key.

Comment

Thanks Spaz :up:

Comment

Sweetness... Now I can get the CBPs to install.

Comment

Doesnt work, just gives some failed to initialize stuff.

Comment

You need microsoft .NET .
                    edit: link

Comment

Lol everyone puts mirrors online who doenst want to put a mirror for a 39kb file ?

Comment

w00t, this helped me move to a new HD.
                        :up:

Comment

C# is well cool aint it.. I used it to create my cache manager app as well..

Comment

C# is cool and once you know what to do you can create a lot in a short period of time.

One thing I don't like is the fact that it needs everyone to install .NET framework to run the apps. So really my 39k app is more like 20mb if they don't have .NET yet.

Comment

I'm currently working on the next version of the Registry Fixer, Version 1.2. Right now the biggest two changes is the design and that the app can now restore the part of the registry that is in charge of Uninstalling UT2004.

Here is the list of things I'm changing and adding:

-Added: Restore Uninstall registry info. Thought it would be a good thing to add.
                              -Changed: The design of the app. The app now only needs the game path, version and CD-key to restore the registry. CD-Key is only needed if the registry doesn't have it yet. Everything else is done automatically.
                              -Added: RegChecker can now check the Uninstall Registry Info

Click here for a preview

I would also like to thank FineWolf for taking the time to email me the info for XP Themed user interfaces.

What else would you guys like to see included in the app?

Comment

Awesome thank you spaz!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X