Anyone else get mouse lag with AA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else get mouse lag with AA?

I noticed this the last time I was playing at 8X AA, my mouse lagged, almost to a one second delay. AT 4X it's not really bad, but if I go to 16X AA it's like, wtf. But if I turn on reduce mouse lag it's a lot better, but my framerate drops.

Doesn't do with full AF, just AA.

Anyone else get this?

When UT2004 was first released I was using AA and I played w/ it on for the first couple of months. I didn't have any issues w/ mouse lag.

Comment

I found that out a few days ago. My mouse lagged like hell and my framerste was capped at 60. Even at 2X AA. I only use AF because i dont really care for AA. Do you have an ATI card? i have a 9800 Pro.

Comment

Do you have vsync enabled? That caused me mouse lag in some scenes.

Comment

Yeah I have those types of problems with all OpenGL games.

I blame ATI...:sour:

Comment

Is it forced in the ATI control panel? I have it set to false in the INI.

Comment

I'm running on a 6800gt and vsync is disabled.

Comment

[Engine.GameEngine]
                CacheSizeMegs=32 inut99 i had ti4200- it mouselagged with aa=4 +1024x and 32 megs size that disappered with size 40 and run smoothly with 48meg feel free to try out your size, bigger with higher screenresulotion hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey_Reloaded
                  Yeah I have those types of problems with all OpenGL games.

I blame ATI...:sour:
                  Blame yourself, if you have the game at a decent resolution, AA of any kind is really not needed.

Comment

It's probably a symptom of low performance; you'll frequently get mouse lag before your framerates go south. In other words, it's probably an indication that you're asking your rig to do more than it can do.

Try lowering your res, turning off shadows, etc. If any of these fix the problem, then you've pretty well isolated that it's a simple performance issue, and your only solution is to spend money on a better rig (or live with what you currently get!).

Comment

no doubt
                      You cant run 2k4 @ 16xaa
                      well maybe you can but @ 10 fps:haha:

Comment

Working...
                      X