OT: Mouse Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: Mouse Help

I own a Microsoft Optical mouse (USB) and for some time now i have been having trouble with mouse lag. In ut2004 i dont really have any, but in games like battlefield vietnam i am getting mouse lag. I have a 9800 Pro on a p4 2.6 ghz with 1gb or ram. Will getting a new mouse solve my issue? If so what mouse should i go with?

i dont know what the problem is but if you get w new one i recomend the mx510. my dell optical would spazz out and the cursor would go to the top left corner (very bad got games)

Comment

Problem is mouse lag, im not sure if my mouse is causing it or something else is.

Comment

Can anyone help?

Comment

Mouselag has nothing to do with the mouse, its the graphic engine that stalls and becomes unresponsive for different reasons.

Here are some things you can try:
          1. Most important: turn off VSync. If you use a monitor refresh of 100 or more the tearing wont be noticeable anyway.
          2. Reduce resolution. Even if a high resolution seems to be as fast as for example 1024x768, it will cause mouselag.
          3. Remove effects like shadows, projectors, dynamic lightning.
          4. Use 16bit graphics.
          5. If you still have problem, try enabling ReduceMouseLag. It will make the game run slower, so don't enable this unless you really need to.

I have a 3Ghz P4, R9700pro and 2G memory, and I run UT2004 at 1024x768 with everything off and 16 bit. I dont play BF1942, but since its the same engine I think the solution is similar.

Comment

Working...
          X