Wheres the thunder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Main
    So can I. Sometimes. I hear shots through multiple walls, but I can't here rockets loading up behind me. I can't hear footsteps, leading me to believe everyone is a ninja in this game. The weapon sounds I CAN hear rarely give me any decent directional sense.

Honestly, sound technology hasn't advanced in 5 years. A3D was far better than the **** we have now.
    [ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem]
    Rolloff=0.400000

Comment

So you want the sound to be as realistic as possible? :bulb:
      How can I make a .wav louder?

Comment

Originally posted by Format Life:
        So you want the sound to be as realistic as possible? :bulb:
        How can I make a .wav louder?
        It works with a tool called audacity I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpie-love

So, yeah, it would be awesome. I would like to see it, as long as there was a varity to the thunderclaps, because one sound over and over is really annoying.
          I really like this idea of different sounds.:up:

Comment

Originally posted by Twist4
            [ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem]
            Rolloff=0.400000
            Pfft, .4 sucks. I use either .1 or .2

Comment

Originally posted by bleh01
              Pfft, .4 sucks. I use either .1 or .2
              That´s my 1on1 setting,but if i´d play with 10 man on a server and rolloff .2 then I´d go crazy:weird:

Comment

Originally posted by Twist4
                That´s my 1on1 setting,but if i´d play with 10 man on a server and rolloff .2 then I´d go crazy:weird:
                It's not so bad. I use .1 for 1on1 and .3 for CTF/TDM :>

Comment

IMO the LG could certainly do with an extra bit of boom...
                  Thunder? Not very realistic. The low bass-only sound is only caused by the actual lightning being far away. I'd figure the LG would sound more like a shotgun being fired if such a thing could exist in reality. (most weapons in real life seem to have a tendency of going BOOM for some reason)

Comment

OK, got the sound the way I like, but now it doesn't import to UEd for some **** reason... :bulb:

Comment

maybe you can only get the thunderclap if you score a headshot

Comment

Originally posted by sharpie-love
                        If you've every been withen 10 meters of a lightning strike (and I have, it hit the golf course at the hotel we were staying at in Mexico, I was swimming in the pool just a few yards away. You can bet I got outta there fast) you would know that that sound is near deafening. It's like sticking your head into a bell, and then having somebody shoot the bell with a machinegun.

So, yeah, it would be awesome. I would like to see it, as long as there was a varity to the thunderclaps, because one sound over and over is really annoying.
                        I've had lightning hit our car... OMGWTFüberL0UD!
                        the whole car jerked, then died. I thought something had blown up.

Comment

[Somewhat O/T]

Is it true that when a lightning strikes 15 meters away from you it really strikes 100 meters away from you?
                          'Cause once a lightning seemed to strike about 15 meters away from me and my friend and then my friend said that it really stroke behind a forest (about 100 meters)... :bulb:

And does a lightning leave a mark when it hits the ground?

Comment

Originally posted by Format Life:
                            [Somewhat O/T]

Is it true that when a lightning strikes 15 meters away from you it really strikes 100 meters away from you?
                            'Cause once a lightning seemed to strike about 15 meters away from me and my friend and then my friend said that it really stroke behind a forest (about 100 meters)... :bulb:

And does a lightning leave a mark when it hits the ground?
                            I once saw a tree struck by lightning only about 200 feet away. All the bark blew off it at once and scattered over my street, and the tree itself was charred in many places. So if it hits a tree, you'll probably be able to tell which one. I don't think lightning actually hits the ground much though.

Comment

With regards to lightning leaving a mark... yes, it will. Whatever it hits will be severely burned, and possibly rather destroyed. If it hit the ground in front of you there would be a charred spot, or perhaps a small crater ( the crater not being caused by the lightning directly, but by the violently rapid expansion of the gasses within the soil, as they are heated to something on the order of 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit, which translates to precisely Holy **** degrees Celsius).

Edited for your grammatical pleasure!

Comment

Originally posted by Yarhj
                                With regards to lightning leaving a mark... yes, it will. Whatever it hits will be severely burned, and possibly rather destroyed. If it hit the ground in front of you there would be a charred spot, or perhaps a small crater ( the crater not being caused by the lightning directly, but by the violently rapid expansion of the gasses within the soil, as they are heated to something on the order of 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit, which translates to precisely Holy **** degrees Celsius).
                                Temperatures like that will do all sorts of funny things. Like create ozone. And ionise sand.
                                Essentially, getting hit by lightning is considered a bad idea.
                                IMO, it's just silly the LG doesn't leave a scorch mark, but not quite as silly as the white grease spot left behind by the shockrifle prim...

Comment

Working...
                                X