Wheres the thunder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheres the thunder?

Yeah, I was reading the manual, and by the way it describes the lightning gun, I was thinking there should be an accompanying thunderclap... As well as for a bunch of other weapons, e.g., shock rifle...

I don't know as much about physics as i'm sure you guys do, but I think the lightning gun could use some thunder...

Yeah, that'd be a pretty cool feature.

Comment

No. That would suck greatly, which is probably why it isn't there now. See, when you make a game, you want it to not suck. Doing this would add to the suck, therefore, you shouldn't do it.

Comment

oh yeah that would be cool.

bleh01 thinks it sucks just because he didn't think of it.

Comment

Originally posted by iron12
          bleh01 thinks it sucks just because he didn't think of it.
          No, I think it sucks because it's a retarded idea.

Comment

Originally posted by bleh01
            A short crack wouldn't hurt a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bleh01
              If you have a reason for thinking this, please post it.

I dont think I would like it because it would get really annoying after a while hearing thunder over and over. Moreover, I like the sizzle of the current LG arc. I think the thunder would be cool for a little while like Zounds is cool for a little while. But, after a while, it would become tiresome and annoying.

Comment

There was thunder in the Quake3 lightning gun, and it sounded really lame...

Comment

i give you CREDIT ...

hmmm should it lets think this out....

what causes the thunder ?

i can HEAR thunder off in the Distance...

now what i can tell you i whish i had a GUN that made that noise ... scare the **** out of some one ... and swith to Flack and finish them off in the confusion ...

Dum...

PS...
                  NOTHING SUCKs .....

Comment

^^^ You are the worst gimmick ever

bleh, knock it off, it's just a sound effect. And as we already know, the crappy 2-bit 3D sound in this game is absolutely horrible and is almost useless for any practical sensory usage, so what would be the harm in making the sound effects a little louder?

If anything, adding **** like this in would force them to FIX the sound and make it not suck.

Comment

I can hear the weapon sounds just fine.

???

Comment

So can I. Sometimes. I hear shots through multiple walls, but I can't here rockets loading up behind me. I can't hear footsteps, leading me to believe everyone is a ninja in this game. The weapon sounds I CAN hear rarely give me any decent directional sense.

Honestly, sound technology hasn't advanced in 5 years. A3D was far better than the **** we have now.

Comment

death to creative

Comment

If you've every been withen 10 meters of a lightning strike (and I have, it hit the golf course at the hotel we were staying at in Mexico, I was swimming in the pool just a few yards away. You can bet I got outta there fast) you would know that that sound is near deafening. It's like sticking your head into a bell, and then having somebody shoot the bell with a machinegun.

So, yeah, it would be awesome. I would like to see it, as long as there was a varity to the thunderclaps, because one sound over and over is really annoying.

Comment

*starts coding*

Comment

Working...
                              X