ATI users: Do you use truform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI users: Do you use truform?

I have a Radeon 9800 pro, I heard Tru-Form significantly improves character model quality, but on the r300's its emulation. Will i get a significant performance drop using it? is it playable?

Do you guys use it?

It isn't playable, don't even bother with it, i'd say.

Comment

Can't decide whether to tell you to Search, or just to try it yourself. I't not like either of those options will make your computer explode or make you have an aneurysm.

Comment

only for wallpaper screenshots and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Jermaine_X
          only for wallpaper screenshots and stuff
          :up:

Comment

No, because sadly I don't know how to acomplish such a feat. Also, this topic has been discussed before. Reference this thread for more information.

Comment

No.
              I prefer playing with a framerate higher than 0.5 frames per minute :bulb:

Comment

Re: ATI users: Do you use truform?

Originally posted by UT2K3Freak
                I have a Radeon 9800 pro, I heard Tru-Form significantly improves character model quality, but on the r300's its emulation. Will i get a significant performance drop using it? is it playable?

Do you guys use it?
                Depends on the CPU. If you wont fight 10 ppl at once it could be ok i think. Just test it

Comment

Theres already a big thread on this, FFS USE SEARCH, jesus christ is that so hard people? :down:

Comment

Originally posted by vhx
                    Theres already a big thread on this, FFS USE SEARCH, jesus christ is that so hard people? :down:
                    Does it really matter? It's only one thread, FFS IGNORE IT IF ITS A PROBLEM, jesus christ is that so hard asshat? :down:

Comment

great but dying feature ...

ATI abadoned Truform hardware support with R300 cores (9500) and newer ... it was / is partial (so most of it become calculate by CPU) ...

the FULL hardware support (GPU is calculating it) is only at R8500 (not that lowed types) and first generations of R9000 cards ... any 9100 and 9200 i got were already w/o this support in GPU ...

at these R2xx GPU is TruForm tesselation 2-3 <5% fps hit and 4-7 approx 10-15%

at r9700-X800 is that hit hard, tesselation 2-3 is reducing fps to 1/3 - 1/2 (depends on ammount of models on screen) and higher levels are KO for it with drop to 1/10 -1/15 of usual FPS.

that tested with 3400+ and 3500+ CPU ...

i heard (not tested myself) that dual CPU (two opterons) and X800XT PE was not receiving such penatly with FPS.

my personal thought is that 2nd CPU is calculating OS/driver request and first CPU care about game ...

still such solution is not usefull for usual gamer ...

also tesselation is FPS killer at some User made models with ULTRA HIGH polygon count (just example at character selection screen, usual FPS with X800XT in 1400x1050 with 6x AA and 16AF was 100+, with tesselation 2 at some ultra models it drops to 20, but rest of models with approx 1/2 of polycount was fine with ~60fps

Comment

Working...
                      X