No announcement yet.

[OT] Hurricane hitting florida tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My parents live down there and they are supposed to come visit me here in Michigan this weekend. Now they have to stay there and clean up the aftermath of the storm
    Good luck to anyone in those areas.

Comment

They don't appear to be too dangerous, as hurricanes go, but I do hope everyone stays safe, as well.

Check out this NEXRAD doppler radar proggie for tracking storms. You can get the same images from the National Weather Service, but this has a better color scheme, cool interface, and a storm tracking feature.

Comment

Re: [OT] Hurricane hitting florida tomorrow

Originally posted by zeroskillz
        And I might still have to come to work . It sucks because it's an hour drive, and then if they evacuate the building, I have an hour drive home. Oh well, look for me on channel 9 news doing 150mph home down 95 smoking cigarettes and listening to slipknot going through this beast.

-zeroskillz
        Heh, I live in Ft. Lauderdale. Lucky me.

Comment

My wife just called and said everyone is in a panic fit to get Gas and stuff

Last one to really have much impact here was Floyd. I taped up all the windows and all that happened is I had to spend the next two weeks getting the tape residue off.

Comment

im in tampa, its supposed to go right by us, they are evacuating just south of us, oh well at least no school tommorrow but i cant get on comp until hurricane is past

Comment

im in micanopy(20 miles below gainsville in florida) right now (5 bucks to anyone whos ever heard of it) and my dad and me were going to go to orlando and do stuff tommorrow b4 school (im 14 and in 9th). My parents are divorced so i've been at mu daddies for like 2 weeks and he has dial up and an old comp :cry: . He said if it was ****ty tommorrow i could go to my mommys to get re-energized on my good comp and dsl :up: . but with the weather lookin like it is o don't know how easy the drives gonna be .

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrog
                im in micanopy(20 miles below gainsville in florida) right now (5 bucks to anyone whos ever heard of it)
                I drive by it on I-75 all the time. Give me my 5 bucks.

Comment

Ahh, Michigan. No hurricanes, not too many tornados to speak of, no volcano's, no REAL earthquakes, mostly mild winters, mostly mild summers...

All I have to worry about is the 3 power plants located within 5 miles of my house in any direction (seriously), Canada's Chemical Valley sending noxious water downstream towards my house, and lot's of Border Patrol... and canadians... *shudder*

Comment

Originally posted by senshu
                    I drive by it on I-75 all the time. Give me my 5 bucks.
                    uh..... WHAT ARE THE ODDS

were talking with people in europe and **** and it just so happens that 1 of the people drives RIGHT NEXT TO WERE I LIVE!!! *feels creeped out*.... See, i kinda dont have any moneys but come on.... Thats Awsome!!! Ever seen that big building to the right going north called "cafe risque", my moms teh manager :up: (OMFGWTF.... PWNAGE!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrog
                      im in micanopy(20 miles below gainsville in florida) right now (5 bucks to anyone whos ever heard of it) and my dad and me were going to go to orlando and do stuff tommorrow b4 school (im 14 and in 9th). My parents are divorced so i've been at mu daddies for like 2 weeks and he has dial up and an old comp :cry: . He said if it was ****ty tommorrow i could go to my mommys to get re-energized on my good comp and dsl :up: . but with the weather lookin like it is o don't know how easy the drives gonna be .
                      One of my favorite hot sauces is made there...Micanopy Gold. Good stuff :up:

I too would like the $5

Comment

hmm..I might get to see the eye of the storm...expect PICS if I do.

Been awhile since I've been in a hurricaine.

Comment

Originally posted by slobberChops
                          One of my favorite hot sauces is made there...Micanopy Gold. Good stuff :up:

I too would like the $5
                          heh, i know the guy who invented that sauce real well. good ole' john john

Comment

sucks for you, here in mississippi we're getting temps in the 50's from that, instead of our usuall monsoons when almost every hurricane thinks its fun to come up and pick of the red necks

Comment

Working...
                            X